4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bullitt vs. GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default Bullitt vs. GT

I have an oportunity to purchase a 2001 s/c bullitt. I am dropping out of school because i just obtained my wholesalers dealers license. I trhink i remember reading somewhere that the heads on a bullitt are different from the heads on a Gt. i also read somewhere that the bullitt bottom end is pretty much bullit proff. can anybody give me any info on this?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: Bullitt vs. GT

Same heads and bottom end. Only difference were appearence, handling and intake, I believe.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

dropping out of school?? oh man thats no good....

yeah bullits have a better intake, slightly better suspension(me think) and better brakes...i think they onyl produce 10 more HP than stock gts
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

That's correct, It's a GT engine with an aluminum intake with a weird plenum part which takes a cobra Throttle body. One or two of the pulleys are underdrive. It's got different struts shocks, springs, swaybars (not sure about subframes), some intererior and exterior dress up(pedals, wheels, fuel door, sidescoop deletes, no spoiler). The intake only gives like 5 more peak torque/hp but it does raise up the whole curve so it actually has more impact that you might think. I believe it also came with better mufflers.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Dropping out of school is not good. At least get some kind of degree. No one can ever take that away from you and it proves to future employers that you can handle the work that is given you.

What they say about Bullitt's is true. Nice car, great color (most common is green which is my favorite color) and improved suspension and brakes. The intake is also an improved design. The Mustang model that all the auto publications went nuts over, and, rated the most bang-for-the-buck, is the Mach 1. If you are thinking about buying a Bullitt, find yourself a Mach 1 to test drive also. You may just be happy you did.

Good luck with your choices.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:45 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

That's correct, It's a GT engine with an aluminum intake with a weird plenum part which takes a cobra Throttle body. One or two of the pulleys are underdrive. It's got different struts shocks, springs, swaybars (not sure about subframes), some intererior and exterior dress up(pedals, wheels, fuel door, sidescoop deletes, no spoiler). The intake only gives like 5 more peak torque/hp but it does raise up the whole curve so it actually has more impact that you might think. I believe it also came with better mufflers.
This is the correct answer and covers it all.....I'm not sure about the sidescoop delete though.

They were rated @ 272 hp while the GT was rated at 260.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

OK well i found out where i thought about the heads. my 5.0 magazine did a comparison between the ullitt mach 1 and 99 cobra and they said the bullit had lighter heads for a lower center of gravity. ill take a picture.

and on the school issue im sick of school. my dad didnt go to college and he owns and runs 23 apartment complexes across texas. so a degree is not neccesary.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:01 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

maybe so, but its a different time and age, and a degree will help you out a TON

trust me
Old 05-06-2005, 11:36 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

why should i trust you? i dont even know you.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:48 PM
silverbullittgt2001
1st Gear Member

the bullitt was rated at 265hp

Quick Reply: Bullitt vs. GT