4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:38 AM
spetsnaz103
1st Gear Member

Default cam

i need a cam tat can support some boost later on can anyone recommend a cam type not just the name of the company?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 AM
spetsnaz103
1st Gear Member

Default RE: cam

the engine is going to be the same 2v with ported heads, forged pistons and rods. upgraded intake mainfold. sone other **** but i dont wanna discuss that i just need some help with choosing a cam.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

First off get rid of the 3" exhaust its killing your power. With your mods I would go with cms stage 2 blower cams. If you dont plan on running boost in the near future you need to get a NA cam.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 AM
spetsnaz103
1st Gear Member

ok so if i plan on running boost but dont get it right away i cant run a blower cam? plus i dont have a 3inch exhaust basiclaly glasspacks with bassani o/r x pipe. i dont think its worth buying a na cam and then switchn them to blower cams
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

It will hurt your power to run a blower cam NA. You can run run a blower cam but its not suggested. But selling a NA cam would be easy when it comes time to switch.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 AM
spetsnaz103
1st Gear Member

o wow umm. cant just buy a blower cam and keep running the stock cam and once i get tt ill install the blower cam
Old 07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spetsnaz103

o wow umm. cant just buy a blower cam and keep running the stock cam and once i get tt ill install the blower cam
dont lie to yourself.. if you need help choosing a cam "type", i highly doubt youll know how to intall one. dont be a dick to someone giving you advice.

What he was saying is to run a N/A cam now for the power gain and get a blower cam when you get your "twin turbos" and sell your N/A cam. But if you wanna get the blower cam and have it sit around for god knows how long and keep your stock cam.. thats fine too.

theres alot of work you should probably do to your motor before you install your TT. not to mention your transmission, fuel lines, etc. but im sure you knew all that.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

cant you run a blower cam n/a for a while, i am not positive but i dont think it would hurt performance that much.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

You just won't have the same responsiveness in the lower RPMs, IIRC... FI Camprofilesare designed with the correct duration/lift suitable for boosted applications... It's sort of like running a stage 3 N/A cam, when you won't even bring the RPMs up past 6k RPMs; the engine will sort of be on it's face until the higher RPMs..

JT
Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
spetsnaz103
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2002GTAUTOVERT

ORIGINAL: spetsnaz103

dont lie to yourself.. if you need help choosing a cam "type", i highly doubt youll know how to intall one. dont be a dick to someone giving you advice.

What he was saying is to run a N/A cam now for the power gain and get a blower cam when you get your "twin turbos" and sell your N/A cam. But if you wanna get the blower cam and have it sit around for god knows how long and keep your stock cam.. thats fine too.

theres alot of work you should probably do to your motor before you install your TT. not to mention your transmission, fuel lines, etc. but im sure you knew all that.

ayebuddy how bought minding ur own business nxt time first of all u are correct i dont no bought installing a cam but wat would u no my frined does thins **** to cars inckuding turbos and custom tuning yes i dont no how to install a cam but thank u for pointing that out i might not be the smartest stang guy here but ive been running my stang every chance i get (daily driver) even though gas is bad im the guy ull be seeing still running his stang down the street.

Quick Reply: cam