MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Disconnecting GT Muffler (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/466569-disconnecting-gt-muffler.html)

agarr19 07-22-2008 04:43 PM

RE: Disconnecting GT Muffler

okay so in your opinion is it a good thing to do...and the power loss is not that significant right?

945LSTANG 07-22-2008 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Evenexchange

Yes, you will lose high end horsepower. You will gain about 50% more low end Torque as compared to the high end horsepower lost's figure, however. Don't listen to what anyone else tells you, that's what happens. I know exhaust.. I had a lot of problems with mine. Sorry for beating around the bush, I was at work.. got distracted.
look out everyone! we have an exhaust expert on our hands! :eek:

tell me in DETAIL why you know what you do and why your way is right. i gotta hear this.

black35th 07-22-2008 05:23 PM

Yes you will lose low end torque, you dont really LOSE power, you adjust your torque.

I would also like the see some proof in detail from expert Evenexchange. Hope you have some dyno sheets, because your wrong on this one pal.

Evenexchange 07-22-2008 06:39 PM

I dont need proof and wasn't looking for critics.

Why do track cars run open headers? I dont have time for detail, i'll just let you figure that one out by yourself... I'm sure your capable. [sm=closed.gif]

black35th 07-22-2008 07:12 PM

:eek: Ok, well I do have experience with the subject, I've had my exhaust all kinds of different ways. YOU WILL LOSE LOW END TORQUE. PERIOD.

I dont really care if your not looking for critics, with your little comment "Dont listen to what everyone else tells you, I know exhaust" I would assume that you would have at least some experience with the topic and be able to prove yourself at least a little bit. Obviously you dont.

I forgot that ALL track cars run open headers. :eek: In fact there are quite a few that DONT. Depending on what class the car is in, it might be a rule that you have to run exhaust.

I find it really hard to believe that your an exhaust EXPERT but yet you start a thread asking when to check your coolant, along with the other pointless threads that you have posted.

Mustanggt9589 07-22-2008 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: black35th

I find it really hard to believe that your an exhaust EXPERT but yet you start a thread asking when to check your coolant, along with the other pointless threads that you have posted.

[sm=owned.gif]

945LSTANG 07-22-2008 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: black35th

:eek: Ok, well I do have experience with the subject, I've had my exhaust all kinds of different ways. YOU WILL LOSE LOW END TORQUE. PERIOD.

I dont really care if your not looking for critics, with your little comment "Dont listen to what everyone else tells you, I know exhaust" I would assume that you would have at least some experience with the topic and be able to prove yourself at least a little bit. Obviously you dont.

I forgot that ALL track cars run open headers. :eek: In fact there are quite a few that DONT. Depending on what class the car is in, it might be a rule that you have to run exhaust.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

OP: just leave everything together.

agarr19 07-22-2008 11:13 PM

haha i wasnt trying to start a war...but if it does loose low end torque is it a noticable difference?

Chubstang 07-22-2008 11:43 PM

You don't need backpressure, the velocity is the important thing. I highly doubt you lost or gained anything from removing the muffler(s).

agarr19 07-23-2008 10:36 AM

okay cool so im fine because the car sounds awseome and the best part is ITS FREE![8D]