4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM
jhell00
Possible Scammer

Default please help

i was wondering if anyone knows or knows were to look. im trying to hook up a a/f gauge and i need to hook into my 02 signal wire and i was wondering if anyone knows were to tap into or what pin it is on the computer?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Default RE: please help

You can grab the passenger's side (bank 1) front O2 sensor signalon pin 5 (a gray/light blue wire) of C133, here's where the connector is:[/align][/align][/align][/align]Here's a .pdf file showing the connector details...[/align][/align]There's a 6 mm bolt that you'll need to remove to uplugit so you can get at the wires, remove the negative battery terminal before messing with this connector!!![/align]
Old 07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

One other comment, be prepared for a bunch of people telling you how completely worthless a narrowband AFR meter is, that it's just a lightshow. [/align][/align]Tolarge extent they are correct, however many years ago before the wideband sensors were anymore than some engineer's recurring wet dream we did a lot of tuning with NB sensors. Here's a great (butdated) article about tuning with a NB sensor...[/align]
Old 07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
jhell00
Possible Scammer

yes im aware of that... i just wanna know in the ballpark of were im at...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I have one in my car, and old SDS Mixture Meter. After a while you'll learn to mentally average the sings in closed loop mode, and in open loop modeto gauge the velocity at which it moves rich or lean. These observationscan giveyou a pretty good "ballpark" understanding of what's going on AFR-wise.[/align][/align]Once thing that you may already know. If the NB output shoots toward rich, then disappears forĀ¼ second or so and then shows up lean, it means the mixture is rich as heck 9:1 or richer. When the mix gets that rich an NB sensor shuts down and the 0.0V output is interpreted as a very lean mix...[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]