4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowering question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 PM
stang2lo

Default Lowering question..

If I put eibach lowering springs..do I need to change the shocks?put cambers?

which 1s do you guys recommend?

what about this?http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=927

i know someone who has just put the springs and thats it..

thanks

car : 01 Mustang GT
Old 07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering question..

You don't need to change the shocks but you will need the cc adjusters and the X2 ball joints wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM
baino
4th Gear Member

if you put the pro-kit or the sport lines, you dont have to have cc's. Its not a bad idea with the sportlines, but its not a must.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Eibach is crap. Buy H&Rs.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:30 PM
impaled
2nd Gear Member

allingment is a must. most will say you dont need cc plates with the Pro-Kit, but ineeded them. i have had my prokit on for a year and a half with no complaints or issues.

i would get shocks and struts, otherwise the ride quality will suck after a few weeks getting progressively worse as the stock shocks and struts die because they were engineered for the drop.

i would go for adjustables, but thats where the $$$ can add up quickly.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Eibach is not craps
High performance fords come with eibach springs, the FRPP springs are Eibach also, and IMO nothng looks better than sportlines, except coil overs. H&R Supersports don't look low enough on a new edge IMO. Also theEibachs are smoother than H&Rs, and have a stock ride feeling. The rear spring rates are about the same asstock, and the front is just barley higher than stock on the prokits so they dont ride all bumpy and crazylike some otherlowered cars i've been in.
I think they had a sagging problem a while back, but the springs they make now are diffrent i believe. Also, that sagging problem was mainlyreported by Sportline owners, not prokit owners.JUst make sure you take out one or bothof the isolators up front off because the new sportlines have the rear the same drop as the front and it makes the car look like the rear is lower than the front if you keep the isos in the front.

About what you'll need.. i'll tell ya' i've got sportlines, no CC plates and no alignment ( i dont care about current tires) and the worse part about the ride is the shocks! nothing else even bothers me, but the shocks arent even blown, they just ride like crap with lowering springs. The minute you put the springs on, you'll notice the stock struts/shocks are a no go for lowering springs. you'll go over a bump and you'll sit on your nuts when your done.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jbauer

Eibach is not craps
High performance fords come with eibach springs, the FRPP springs are Eibach also, and IMO nothng looks better than sportlines, except coil overs. H&R Supersports don't look low enough on a new edge IMO. Also theEibachs are smoother than H&Rs, and have a stock ride feeling. The rear spring rates are about the same asstock, and the front is just barley higher than stock on the prokits so they dont ride all bumpy and crazylike some otherlowered cars i've been in.
I think they had a sagging problem a while back, but the springs they make now are diffrent i believe. Also, that sagging problem was mainlyreported by Sportline owners, not prokit owners.JUst make sure you take out one or bothof the isolators up front off because the new sportlines have the rear the same drop as the front and it makes the car look like the rear is lower than the front if you keep the isos in the front.

About what you'll need.. i'll tell ya' i've got sportlines, no CC plates and no alignment ( i dont care about current tires) and the worse part about the ride is the shocks! nothing else even bothers me, but the shocks arent even blown, they just ride like crap with lowering springs. The minute you put the springs on, you'll notice the stock struts/shocks are a no go for lowering springs. you'll go over a bump and you'll sit on your nuts when your done.
LMAO

BMW and Porsche know a little more than Ford when it comes to handling

That was just my and about 150 other close friends that have GTs, Machs and Cobras (see link in sig for those friends ). Look dude, maybe I just spend too much time on SVTP where 90% of Termieowners swear by H&R and **** on Eibach. Or maybe it's because I've sent 3 Pro Kits backto them in the last year(the warehouse is 5 miles from me) for an uneven drop and sagging and the set I have on there now IS STILL 3/8" OFF! What make Eibach so great is their advertising and marketing budget, not their product. They're for the guy that's fine with Budweiser. H&R guys careabout more than brand recognition.Eibach sucks *****. Better than stock and a lot of people are fine with them because they don't know any better, but they suck *****.

The ProKit is 10% stiffer than stock. The Sportlines are 25% stiffer than stock. A "stock" feeling means poor handling.

H&Rs softest springs (Sports)are about 60% stiffer than stock, have the same drop as Sportlines and will run circles around them on a road course.

If you want it just for looks, enjoy the body roll, squatting, diving and Cadillac-feel thatyour car curently suffers from, by all means, go with Eibach.

If you feel that the car should actually turn with some precision and predictability and want a quality product I suggestat least educating yourself about H&Rs.

Maybe they're right for you and that's great. My advice is try and drive a few cars with different setups and decide what YOU like. When I go coilover in a few weeks I hope I can find someone that doesn't know any better to unload these peices of **** on.......[>:]

Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
stang2lo

Thanks everyone for the input and headsup, I really appreciate it.

and Jbauer you really made me laugh "you'll go over a bump and you'll sit on your nuts when your done. " lol

well I guess Ill go for sportlines. From where should I buy them? also..what shocks do you sugest?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
stang2lo

ah! now im not sure what to get.. either eibachs or h&rs. and what sucks even more is that I dont know anyone that have them

POISND your making good points I guess..so Ill have to shop around and see.

once again from where could I get the h&rs? Sorry im new to all this now..i mean ill be getting my 1st mustang in a few days. so got no idea where to shop. thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang2lo

ah! now im not sure what to get.. either eibachs or h&rs. and what sucks even more is that I dont know anyone that have them

POISND your making good points I guess..so Ill have to shop around and see.

once again from where could I get the h&rs? Sorry im new to all this now..i mean ill be getting my 1st mustang in a few days. so got no idea where to shop. thanks
I'm sure there's some guys on this board that are close to you (we roll DEEP.....hehe) that could give ya a ride. Where do you live?

Quick Reply: Lowering question..