4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Made some minor changes to the little 4.6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Made some minor changes to the little 4.6 turbo

Yeah I'm done argueing this with you. Its like trying to explain something to my 8y/o (who by the way knows what valve float is) The lifter in a pushrod engine and a follower in an ohc engine will never leave the cam lobe. The valve or pushrod will leave the follower/rocker.

I dont believe you are a certified tech. Sounds more like you got your automotive knowledge from forums and wikipedia(LOL type in mustang into wikipedia and see how much wrong info comes up). Sounds like you read something on a forum and you now believe it to be true because you have no idea how an engine works. Kinda like the guys that read on here that longtubes are a pain in the *** to install and believe it to be true even tho they never did it.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Allen2001GT

alright well while you too go at it i took the car to the track tonight. the tune was a little off, but managed low 12's with the best at 12.12 at 114 with a 1.85 60' on 17" cobras with m/t et streets. car was spinning leaving the line and more needs to be dealt with but i'm really getting run out of this drag racing thing so looks like i might just hold off for a bit and have it be a fun street car for now. i know of a lot of things i can change to help it, but i'm not all gun hoe about putting money into it since i'm going to be changing a lot in a few months. the mods on the car engine wise, sincei said i would list them, is just stock motor with intake bolt on's, not the actually intake, w/42lb injectors, and tr6 plugs. its a masterpower70mm homemade kit with 3.55's in the rear with stock rearend except can't the clutches in the trac-loc to the 03 cobra carbon ones. i believe that is pretty much nothing major since this is just a little project for now.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:49 AM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Yeah I'm done argueing this with you. Its like trying to explain something to my 8y/o (who by the way knows what valve float is) The lifter in a pushrod engine and a follower in an ohc engine will never leave the cam lobe. The valve or pushrod will leave the follower/rocker.

I dont believe you are a certified tech. Sounds more like you got your automotive knowledge from forums and wikipedia(LOL type in mustang into wikipedia and see how much wrong info comes up). Sounds like you read something on a forum and you now believe it to be true because you have no idea how an engine works. Kinda like the guys that read on here that longtubes are a pain in the *** to install and believe it to be true even tho they never did it.
didnt you make some whiney post on how you were leaving? yet you are still here. i know what valve float is, i have built motors, i am a certified technician. and what i have posted are problems people have had and what they have done to fix them, what you have posted are definitions, sounds to me like you are the one that has read something and are copying and pasting sh#t. now i know what guys like zw are talking about when they say people were kissin your a$$........ i say good riddins. if your gonna leave keep your word.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:59 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

C'mon guys...quit the pissing match and get back to the topic. THANKS
Old 07-26-2008, 01:01 AM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

hey what was the duty cycle on those 42 lb. injectors when it was getting tuned if you recall?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Allen2001GT

cant recall actually. on a side notei'm running them with a lincoln aviator pump that was just something i decided to put in and i did recently add a 40amp bap so i wasn't having any problems with fuel.