4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Seriousely

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Default Seriousely

My rear shocks are SHOT. I need new shocks!! I was thinking about going with KYB AGX 8-point adjustable but I have been reading review and I guess they start out good but get kinda soft and lose their firmness after about a year... I have AGX KYB's in the front.. and I am pretty sure I can mix and match.

Koni Yellows? WHO MAKES THE BEST ONES THAT LAST!! And is it a good idea to mix and match?!?
Old 08-02-2008, 01:49 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Seriousely

Okay the questions are fine, but I think you should really condense it into one post. Some guys might frown on the fact you have 5 threads going each on small issues. Name one thread under "Help I have Questions" and put them all into there.

That being said, Ive heard good things about Tokico, Strange, KYB, and Bilstein. Just depends on what kinds valving your needs are. For road racing/handling youre going to want a shock thats valved tighter like a Bilstien. If your goal is to go fast in a straight line, something looser like a Lakewood will aid weight transfer. For a daily driver, an adjustable strut or something like a Mach 1 stock shock (Tokico) is going to work just fine.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

First things... I would watch your thread titles. Name them something that actually has to do with the thread.

Are you lowered at all?

Certain shocks/struts including KYB AGX are not designed for lowered cars. If you are lowered enough though, you can go with the fox body sized KYB AGX. If you are lowered further than the .5" that a Mach is from the factory, I would also avoid the Tokico's from the Mach's. I really liked mine stock, but when I lowered the car I had to get some new ones.

I am very happy with my Bilstein HD's. They ride smooth and they handle pretty well. I was also happy with my KYB AGX in my GT, but I did not want to deal with adjustables this time around.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

Okay the questions are fine, but I think you should really condense it into one post. Some guys might frown on the fact you have 5 threads going each on small issues. Name one thread under "Help I have Questions" and put them all into there.

That being said, Ive heard good things about Tokico, Strange, KYB, and Bilstein. Just depends on what kinds valving your needs are. For road racing/handling youre going to want a shock thats valved tighter like a Bilstien. If your goal is to go fast in a straight line, something looser like a Lakewood will aid weight transfer. For a daily driver, an adjustable strut or something like a Mach 1 stock shock (Tokico) is going to work just fine.
yeah.. come on dude.. stop opening like 50 different threads.. just open one and update it accordingly .. half of the front page posts of this forum are from youand regarding the same topic
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Im in the same boat as you, my struts and shocks arent blown yet i dont think, but they ride horrrriiiibblllee with my lowered ride.
AGX is a bad choice if your lowered from what Stang suspension has told me.
I think i'd go with the Tockico Blues if your lowered or plan on being lowered. VEry cheap and high quality.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

check brenspeed.com....i got my Tokico blues from them. they had the best prices around (not sure if they still do or not)...but i got the whole set of shocks and struts for like $270 shipped.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Sorry for all the topics. [&:]My mustang isnt lowered. I think im getting AGX KYB
Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

those AGX with tax are gonna be about 220 or so..
you sure you wouldn't rater spend the extra 50 bones, and get the FRONT struts as well as the REAR ones, and have them be better quality, and not have to change out when you lower your car?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:43 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

I got a full set of KYB AGX for like $330 on eBay. Not sure if they are still on there but worth looking.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Well, I already have the KYB AGX's on the front. They have like, 4,000 miles on them. Do you mean get new struts? Why? 4,000 miles isnt that much lol

Quick Reply: Seriousely