4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TT or SC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:10 PM
ReVz
3rd Gear Member

Default TT or SC?

whats some good websites to look in to tt kits and SC's? and also.. which would be better to have for my 04 auto GT?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: TT or SC?

ORIGINAL: ReVz

whats some good websites to look in to tt kits and SC's? and also.. which would be better to have for my 04 auto GT?
A forged bottom end would be good.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Supercharger man. forget about all that turbo lag
Old 05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

Nothing could be farther from the truth, espcially on a non forged engine. He won't have big enough turbos to worry about lag.

Bottom line: The turbo kit will be faster in every way, but will cost a boatload more.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:25 PM
04gtmatt
2nd Gear Member

Default just got in my headers!!!

hey guys whats up. i just got my headers today.mac long tubes brand new shipped for 300.00. i was wondering what mid pipe to go with(no cats) and after cat. i want it loud at wot but qiuet at idle
Old 05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: just got in my headers!!!

ORIGINAL: 04gtmatt

hey guys whats up. i just got my headers today.mac long tubes brand new shipped for 300.00. i was wondering what mid pipe to go with(no cats) and after cat. i want it loud at wot but qiuet at idle
Get ready to learn some new curse words with the installation of the headers, I sure did. As far as the mid-pipe, I went with an X-pipe from VRS, good price and sounds really good. You can hear it in my sound clip in the 4.6 section.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04gtmatt

I wouldn't really recommend the BBK o/r X, but I LOVE my magnaflows. If your going catless, and you want a quiet at idle loud at WOT car, go with magnas, thats pretty much how I describe my car.

I would either go with bassani or maybe a magnaflow x. I only recommend magna for the x because the aftercat was of such high quailty and so easy to install.

Remeber with LTs you need a SHORTIE x.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:39 PM
099gt
2nd Gear Member

i would got with a tt just bc not that many people have them and but it will cost u a pretty penny

http://turbochargedpower.com they clam 468 rwhp / 555 rwtq (on stock '00 GT)

you can also try searching on google for some others

good luck
Old 05-18-2005, 01:33 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Nothing could be farther from the truth, espcially on a non forged engine. He won't have big enough turbos to worry about lag.

Bottom line: The turbo kit will be faster in every way, but will cost a boatload more.

Nothing cou7ld be further from the truth. all turbos no matter hopw small have turbo lag. and since turbochargers only make peak horsepower a s/c is much more reasonable and cost effective. have you ever seen a turbo dyno chart that has a high flat torque curve like a kenne bell
Old 05-18-2005, 04:57 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Nothing cou7ld be further from the truth. all turbos no matter hopw small have turbo lag. and since turbochargers only make peak horsepower a s/c is much more reasonable and cost effective. have you ever seen a turbo dyno chart that has a high flat torque curve like a kenne bell
This is the typical anti turbo crap that floats around on this forum. Every single time the turbo car is going to win, everything else being equal.

BTW, turbo cars make TONS of torque, even compared to the mighty KB. They are making something like 450 RWHP and 520 RWTQ on a stock bottom end GT with a stage 1 kit. Try that on a stock block GT with a KB, not happenin.

Have you not seen the KB vs TT videos with the 03 cobras? To say that the TTs are raping them is not doing the TT justice. Heres a little link for you. Please notice that the KB cobra is at 17 PSI, while the turbo mustang is running 15 PSI. The KB gets about a carlength jump, and then its all over sally. Please also notice that he is running a big single turbo, instead of a set of twins, which would spool much much faster.

http://www.twinturbostang.com/misc/t...tangvskb03.wmv

Webpage where they are discussing the same thing we are (and where I got link) : http://www.inductionconcepts.com/for...ead.php?t=1447

BTW, on page 2 is a link to a dyno of a built turbo car. Notice the torque curve, its a monster.

On a stock bottom end GT (like what he is asking about) the turbo is going to be fairly small. The lag is going to be hardly noticable, and what little you do notice will be forgotten when you pass that KB car like they slammed it in reverse.

Turbos are the kings of horsepower. They are also the kings of draining your wallet (a good TT installed can run over 7K).