4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Miceleb have you been to the track yet? What other safety devices do you have with your zex WOT, bottle heater etc., etc.,Also does the ZEX come with a built in WOT? The shop that is going to install my kit said that they could program the zex to open and close ata certain RPM is that possible ? This car will be a once in a while driver and maybe a weekend racer. The goal is 12.5 in the 1/4. With my mods (including 100 shot) will it be possible? Thanks man!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Miceleb have you been to the track yet? What other safety devices do you have with your zex WOT, bottle heater etc., etc.,Also does the ZEX come with a built in WOT? The shop that is going to install my kit said that they could program the zex to open and close ata certain RPM is that possible ? This car will be a once in a while driver and maybe a weekend racer. The goal is 12.5 in the 1/4. With my mods (including 100 shot) will it be possible? Thanks man!
I don't run a window switch....I just pay attention and adjusted my rev limiter higher so I dont hit it (I have an automatic). I would run a window switch if you are running a manual. I run a fuel pressure safety switch and a dynotune bottle heater with the pressure sensor. I have a safety blowdown tube also (neeeded at the track and a fire jacket). And yes the Zex uses a WOT sensor that is hooked up to a wire on your throttle position sensor. Its a pretty fail safe system. I havent made it to the track yet, I need to buy a fire proof jacket still. But 125 shot like im running will take off at least a second for sure. Good luck with your kit...you should install it yourself its really easy.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Good info man. I am in the military stationed in Missouri and we have preety rough winters so I'm thinking I will be driving the car about another 2 months and then I'll put it up for the winter. That will give me time to buy all the safety add ons that I will need. I'm thinking by next May I should be ready to go to the track. Man I would put it on my self but I am not mecahnically inclined at all. The speed shop that I will taking it to said that they would charge about $250.00 to install. Man I got alot of questions so get ready. How long does your bottle last you? Do you cruise around with it on all the time? Have you raced anyone and what noticiable kills have you had? I was also thinking about installing a 2 pod guage set in my car? Do you have any special guages to monitor your cars performance and if not what do you reccommend I buy, oil press, engine temp, nitorus boost etc., etc.,
Old 09-21-2008, 02:00 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RAZER
This is the spark plug that I have. Motorcraft AGSF 22WM (8B), this is all the info on the plug if someone can tell me if this is ok to run with my 75 shot? Thank you.
i don't what that plug is for? It's not listed here either https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...lar+spark+plug

Last edited by 01GT4.6; 09-21-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

Good info man. I am in the military stationed in Missouri and we have preety rough winters so I'm thinking I will be driving the car about another 2 months and then I'll put it up for the winter. That will give me time to buy all the safety add ons that I will need. I'm thinking by next May I should be ready to go to the track. Man I would put it on my self but I am not mecahnically inclined at all. The speed shop that I will taking it to said that they would charge about $250.00 to install. Man I got alot of questions so get ready. How long does your bottle last you? Do you cruise around with it on all the time? Have you raced anyone and what noticiable kills have you had? I was also thinking about installing a 2 pod guage set in my car? Do you have any special guages to monitor your cars performance and if not what do you reccommend I buy, oil press, engine temp, nitorus boost etc., etc.,

The bottle lasts about 6-8 passes....and when driving around town if I know im going to be using the squeeze I turn it on. I turn it off when im done driving or if im going to be parked for a long time. You can install the 2 gauge pod and run a remote nitrous gauge and maybe for kicks a true water temp guage. It is a electronic sensor on the bottle and wire it to the gauge in your pod. I have a SCT live wire and I watch a few things like fuel pressure, timing, rpm, coolant temp, and im getting a a/f ratio module for it soon. You really dont need any extra gauges. Just keep your bottle pressure around 900-1000 psi for the best performance. If you are not going to be driving it for the winter upgrade your fuel pump and get 150 shot jets and have it dyno tuned. That will be fun. I just ordered my new pump and scheduled some dyno time..
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

My car is in the shop right now (exhuast leak). Did you notice a big diff with the zex kit? Any races????
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

My car is in the shop right now (exhuast leak). Did you notice a big diff with the zex kit? Any races????
OH yeah you will notice a difference....I put the 75 shot jets in and it was ok...you could definitely feel it but the 125 shot made me grin and a say Fu*k yeah. As far as races I only had some guy in a Meredes try to race me and I kicked is a$$. Oh yeah I almost forgot...some guy in a Acura raced me (full ricer) I easily was beating him so I flipped on my switch and just left him like he was sitting still. He saw me at the next light and was like WTF did you do to that thing.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Man that put's a smile on my face. Can't wait to install my nitrous. How much does it cost to fill your bottle?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:51 PM
myslow2002gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
i don't what that plug is for? It's not listed here either https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...lar+spark+plug
Those plugs are the factory long reach plugs installed in the 5.4L 2V truck engines.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by myslow2002gt
Those plugs are the factory long reach plugs installed in the 5.4L 2V truck engines.
is it like a 3v plug? I assume it's not the right plug for what he needs???

Quick Reply: Nitrous Install