4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Seat Belt Alarm Disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

some people like to be rebels lol
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
jtfrog
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Whats so hard about wearing a seat belt? It is the LAW.

Maybee he is warming up his car or reaching into his wallet at a bank and doesnt want to here it ding
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Its not necesarily because people are chomping at the bits to risk their lives. Its funny this thread was made because I was going to make a similar one. I bought an 03 GT about 3 weeks ago. I like to sit in my car and eat lunch while I listen to The Jim Rome Show. This presents a problem.....because for some reason when you have the engine off and have it in park and you turn the radio/electronics on it will ding and ding and ding at you if you have your belt off. However if I have the engine on and the belt off it wont ding, WTF?

So for now i've been just hooking the seat belt up and sitting back against it. This is already getting very very old. The 2003 manual doesn't seem to offer any solution to this problem whatsoever.

Last edited by Hangwire; 10-03-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
iufan4lifeul
1st Gear Member

In my car there must be a loose wire because whenever it is cold outside even when i put the seatbelt on the alarm goes off and won't stop. I will be disableling my soon... And I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Its not necesarily because people are chomping at the bits to risk their lives. Its funny this thread was made because I was going to make a similar one. I bought an 03 GT about 3 weeks ago. I like to sit in my car and eat lunch while I listen to The Jim Rome Show. This presents a problem.....because for some reason when you have the engine off and have it in park and you turn the radio/electronics on it will ding and ding and ding at you if you have your belt off. However if I have the engine on and the belt off it wont ding, WTF?

So for now i've been just hooking the seat belt up and sitting back against it. This is already getting very very old. The 2003 manual doesn't seem to offer any solution to this problem whatsoever.
It should be in the manual. It's in my 2001 manual and already disabled it. I feel naked without my seatbelt when driving, but when I'm working on my car and want to crank the tunes I don't want to hear that annoying *** ding.

It's got to be in your manual, probably under a section you wouldn't think it would be under. Can't remember which one, and my car is in the shop or I'd tell you what section.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
jbors1
1st Gear Member

not to burst anyones bubble, but there are such things as a 3 and 5 point harness. why is everyone so quick to give this dude a hard time? just because someone wants to turn the chime off doesn't mean he wants to break the law. Just give people a little slack....just my 02.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jbors1
not to burst anyones bubble, but there are such things as a 3 and 5 point harness. why is everyone so quick to give this dude a hard time? just because someone wants to turn the chime off doesn't mean he wants to break the law. Just give people a little slack....just my 02.
Haha thanks. Yeah I made this thread knowing I would probably get a lot of that, but I got my answer so i dont care. I do in fact wear my seat belt when driving, but there are many other situations like mentioned above.

My old '03 GT never had this though, so I guess it was disabled before I got it.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:51 PM
00 425 SALEEN
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtfrog
Maybee he is warming up his car or reaching into his wallet at a bank and doesnt want to here it ding
This!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:51 PM
00 425 SALEEN
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire

Jim Rome Show FTW!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:50 PM
tempoffroad
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Whats so hard about wearing a seat belt? It is the LAW.
so is not driving over the speed limit guess you have never been over the legal limit.

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Alarm Disconnect