4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PP TB and Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

I just bought a PP TB to match my accufab plenum. i'm gonna be installing it tomorrow and hopefully it's not trash like a lot of people are saying. Everyone that owns it likes it, and really my heart wouldn't let me spend 250 dollars with tax on the accufab TB (Come on people, thats more than what i paid for the plenum)
Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM
sir lancelot
1st Gear Member

Haha. That's awesome cliffy. It looks sweet. But yeah, i just don't see the point in spending $420 on the accufab tb and plenum when i can get them from PP for $250. And the only difference between the two really isnt that noticeable.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I got the PP 75mm TB and plenum...I noticed a difference when I installed it and it didn't take long to do...and you'll spend half the money...I also bought the intake manifold and I was very happy with that...
Old 10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Bud of mine runs it withh zero problems
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

alright, i just put mine in today. Heres the review i posted on another site.

*Be advised, installation and fittment is junk on the professional products throttle body (atleast for my 00 it was) but overall i am happy..it just took some grease and a lot of cussing and back pain to get the throttle cable to fit right.

Alright, i went for a drive and i am very satisfied.
I feel i made a good choice buying this throttle body. It seems everybodies throttle bodies has problems. BBK whistles and its frikin annoying as heck, Some people complain of rev hanging from ACCUFAB throttle bodies, MAC throttle bodies also whistle, eddlebrock is the same as BBK, and professional products are suppose to have issues. Well, my Profesional products throttle body works flawlessly, and what i am very happy about is NO NOISE. Intake noise (that high pitched whine, and whistle) Is something I CAN NOT stand and i would of been major pissed if it made that kind of noise. The throttle body makes no such noise.

5th gear seems to pull better. Throttle response, every body says its a huge gain in throttle, i didn't notice THAT much of a diffrence on the throttle. The throttle feels stiffer, and i can blip the throttle quicker, Heel/toe feels great now.
What surprised me was the diffrence in exhaust tone. I wasnt expectint it. When i started it up, it sounded the same, but at full throttle, and even cruising just driving normalls, the Exhaust is significantly louder..def. loud enough for me to notice the diffrence. Everyone says it just gets a little deeper but mine got a bit louder. it also sounds..ringy? i guess to say, it sounds like the 351s and 347s at the track when i go WOT and let go really quick

For a mod that everyone says sucks, i like it. I've installed an off road H pipe, mufflers, KN intake, plenum..none of made a diffrence. This is probably the only mod i've installed that made a diffrence.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

"Intake noise (that high pitched whine, and whistle) Is something I CAN NOT stand and i would of been major pissed if it made that kind of noise." I guess you're not in line to get a blower then...lol...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Nah, thats one intake noise I won't mind having LMao.. theres a diffrence between a kenne bells Life threatening "WHEEEEEE!!!!!! Chew WEEE!!!!" and the stupid whistle cheap plenums and throttle bodies give off.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Jbauer
alright, i just put mine in today. Heres the review i posted on another site.

*Be advised, installation and fittment is junk on the professional products throttle body (atleast for my 00 it was) but overall i am happy..it just took some grease and a lot of cussing and back pain to get the throttle cable to fit right.
Mine fit fine, the only glitch being the tight keyhole slot for throttle cable barrel end. Fixing that took a whopping 30 to 40 seconds with a rattail file.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

haha, yea, amen to that Jbauer...!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Mine fit fine, the only glitch being the tight keyhole slot for throttle cable barrel end. Fixing that took a whopping 30 to 40 seconds with a rattail file.
Right, but damn thats everything that CAN go wrong on a throttle body. It's not easy screwing up building a throttle body. Just make sure the bolt holes are threaded, make sure the bolts lign up with the plenum, make sure the casting isn't jagged, and make sure the damn throttle cable fits into the damn hole, is that too much to ask?

I didn't want to file it because i was afraid that the throttle body wasn't going to work right like what everyone on the internet says. I didn't even want to so much as scratch the thing because i was afraid i'd have to take it back. If i had touched it, and frikin drilled it or something you better believe the store won't take it back.
Overall, i would buy a PP product again though. It took a little elbow grease but in the end i saved like almost 100 frikin dollars..thats enough for a full tank of gas and some used tires.

Last edited by Jbauer; 10-09-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: PP TB and Plenum