4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Introductions are in order...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

we have the fastest color!!!! nice stang man.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Young_Buck
2nd Gear Member

Haha in not in your head man, thats just the usual mods to start with. The shifter cause its something your gonna feel everyday, the mach package because its nice and subtle, spoiler too.

Tires cause ya need em.

Id hold on for the under hood dress up (personally) start from the ground up. Unless you got the money. Springs, control arms, andd cc plates too.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
TC535i

yeah... I don't really like the way it handles, but I'm a BMW guy, so my standards are set a little higher for that stuff. But it's fine for a daily driver, drives straight, nice and soft. Just not as "precise" as I'm used to... but it's not my track car, it's my daily driver. Probably won't do springs, but maybe subframe connectors or something, sway bars... anything that'll improve stability without hurting ride comfort much?

We'll see on the tires... but I want to swap to bullet wheels... but my buddy has 8"s, and I kinda want 9"s out back at least... but if I have to buy 9's, I may as well get them all around. But if I'm doing that, I should get the 10.5" rears... now I'm buying a pair of 315's and a pair of 275's instead of a set of much cheaper 245 all around...

see how quickly that got expensive?!?!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

what kind of 315's are you getting?? i hope something that can hook up with the pavement..

subframes and a sway bar will be a nice improvement
Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I am not going to lie, I love the Sleeper Look.

+1 about the BMW setting high standers ( had to fix my slushbox). The M/// steering just feels amazing.

What have you got done to the M?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
TC535i

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
what kind of 315's are you getting?? i hope something that can hook up with the pavement..

subframes and a sway bar will be a nice improvement
I would hope ANYTHING 315 wide should hook up!!! I'm probably just gonna stick with some reasonably sticky 245's on the 8" Bullits all around for now (buddy's got an extra set), I'm not looking for a subframe tearing hole shot, just something to keep me stuck when I get heavy into it from a roll.

Originally Posted by defconfire
I am not going to lie, I love the Sleeper Look.

+1 about the BMW setting high standers ( had to fix my slushbox). The M/// steering just feels amazing.

What have you got done to the M?
The M's pretty much a dedicated track car, altho it's registered and I drive it on the street every now and then.

lemme see... chip, intake, V8 MAF, exhaust, Ground Control coilovers with 600# springs, strut brace, subframe x-brace, sway bars with adjustable end links, various upgraded shims/bushings, and cosmetic stuff like euro headlights with HID, clear/smoked turn signals front/side/rear, etc

Girlfriend has one too, but hers has the 321hp 6-throttle body euro motor swapped in, supersprint race headerback, etc... quite the track car!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Ground Controls are really nice, But their kit cost a mint! I see people run them all the time at the track

the EuroSpec S54 engine is Incredible, I'm hoping you got it after the bearing fix.

EDIT: also Welcome to the Forums!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:49 PM
TC535i

Originally Posted by defconfire
Ground Controls are really nice, But their kit cost a mint! I see people run them all the time at the track

the EuroSpec S54 engine is Incredible, I'm hoping you got it after the bearing fix.

EDIT: also Welcome to the Forums!
not an s54... the E36 euro S50B32 motor, OBD-I

The Ground Control stuff is a bit pricey, but it really holds up. I've been running their kit on 2 different cars for about 3 years now, many autocrosses and track days, and not a single problem/structural issue with them at all.

and... thanks! Nice to be here, looks like I got a LOT to learn! Starting with, why does my engine/bay make incredibly loud cracking noises as it heats up/cools off...!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Young_Buck
2nd Gear Member

You would think a 315 would hook up but its not true. Sumitomo's HTRZ is weak my 245 ASX's hooked up just as well.

If you want a budget 315 that will hook up is the BFG drag radial, and even thats not that much of a budget.

You could try Michelin Pilot sport but you you'd better bend over and grit your teeth for what they run.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
TC535i

at this point, it's between 245 all around, or buying 2 new 9"s for out back and staggering 275's... but then I can't rotate tires, which is kinda counter-productive on a daily driver

Quick Reply: Introductions are in order...