4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what do you guys/girls think about this

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:34 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

Default what do you guys/girls think about this

I'd love to throw some 18" chrome saleen/cobra wheels on my car, but just the thought of spending over 1200 makes me cringe. So i've decided to paint my wheels white. here a picture of a car i found on ebay with white wheels like mine, what are your opinions, i don't have the cool metal ones like caspers, mine look like big pieces of plastic SH*T. thought i'd paint them first, and if it turned out like crap then i could always get new ones

Anyone know what kinda price it would be to get a paint shop to paint my wheels, i've heard 25$ and then i've heard $100 per wheel. guess i should at least call my local shops and see what they charge if its too much, i'll probably try my hand at it. Though when i had my springs put on they tightened my lugnuts too tight with that air wrench thing, now i can't even budge them. BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:36 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what do you guys/girls think about this

also does anyone know where i can get some of those pony inserts to put in my centercaps, i've seen them on ebay a while ago, but can't find them anywhere now
Old 05-31-2005, 09:59 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

18 hits and NOT ONE PERSON HAS AN OPINION, whats becoming of this site
Old 05-31-2005, 10:02 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i think 50resto.com has the centercaps, and i think it would be a lot of hastle to paint the rims. not to mention just painting them will chip easily. usually they powder coat rims, which will cost more. you can get a nice set of bullits for 600$, w/o tires. painting will prob be around 350$

oh and i think white rims look bad on a white car, too much white. get dirty real quick too. id go with polished aluminum if you decide to save up for a new set.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

Good idea - I like white rims on white cars (white on white, or white on black is straight). The satin white pony rims for the old fox-bodies were hot, esp on a white car. I have a white coupe too, and will prolly go with balck bullitt wheels, but would not be opposed to white (if they made em).
Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

doesnt that warp your brakes rotors or something? if the lug nuts are too tight?? I think it wouldnt look too bad.i have to say, I LOVE COBRA RIMS. Price wise, i cant say because i think it varies from place to place. please dont get bullits, i love your car but bullits wouldnt fit IMO
Old 05-31-2005, 10:28 PM
DirtyGt
1st Gear Member

My Cobra R's were worth every penny!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:35 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

yeah on second thought, if you get new rims id get saleens or mach 1s.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:53 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: josh_0351

Good idea - I like white rims on white cars (white on white, or white on black is straight). The satin white pony rims for the old fox-bodies were hot, esp on a white car. I have a white coupe too, and will prolly go with balck bullitt wheels, but would not be opposed to white (if they made em).
i've seen some white bullitts on ebay probably replicas but i almost bought them
Old 05-31-2005, 10:54 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

i'll probably either go with chrome cobra, or white saleen cause i like this look

Quick Reply: what do you guys/girls think about this