4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Traction Control sux...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:41 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

Default Traction Control sux...

I was following this Honda Civic with a fart can muffler. He was wanting to race pretty bad..so we came to a right turn that opend into two lanes. The light turned green he made the right turn and tried to run. So I throttled first gear around the turn till I straighted out then hit it. Pulled about 3 cars ahead of him and hit 2nd gear hard broke the tires loose and completly bogged down.....he almost cought up before it picked up again...then I put about 30 cars on him.....we ran it up to about 100. I thought something was wrong with the motor though....pulled in the gas station to check it out and the freakin traction control was on. I forgot to hit the button....Grrrrr. Any way I guess I have to buy a handheld tuner to disable the damn thing. Anything like this happened to any of you?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Traction Control sux...

You can disable it with a tuner or with one of these: http://www.mach1performance.org/traction.htm
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

yeah LOL it has happened to me. I was getting an oil change and all the little jiffy lube monkeys were drooling over my car so I went to light up the tires when I left and only managed a little chirp before the traction control bogged me down. I felt like a chump.

It's gone now though......thanks diablo
Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

yeah LOL it has happened to me. I was getting an oil change and all the little jiffy lube monkeys were drooling over my car so I went to light up the tires when I left and only managed a little chirp before the traction control bogged me down. I felt like a chump.

It's gone now though......thanks diablo
LoL....yep that sux!!

Does the Diablo still let you use it in the snow..or just disables it completly?
Old 06-02-2005, 03:42 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

The Diablo disables it completely when you turn T/C off with the tuner. You have to re-enable it in the tuner and re-flash the car's computer again to turn it back on by default. Doesn't take long though.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM
paniro187
1st Gear Member

why were you racing on public streets?? dumb as s
Old 06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
tomabram
3rd Gear Member

when the road is wet you will be glad you HAVE the TC on.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:54 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tomabram

when the road is wet you will be glad you HAVE the TC on.
Id disagree, traction control is a lose lose situation. I have heard many incidents where traction control has almost caused an accident... I'm sure a few people on here will back me up.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Common Sense > TC
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

How can traction control be a bad thing, ever?

I mean seriously, if people would learn how to adjust their driving styles according to the road conditions it wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Traction Control has never hindered my driving nor caused my vehicle to go out of control in any possible way. When it's raining outside, and I punch it on a turn or going straight...traction control kicks in and keeps the car in line. When the pavement is dry and I have it on and punch it on a turn the traction control again kicks in prevents me from getting too squirrely. It keeps me behaved when I should be, and safe when it counts.

What is it suppose to do? It doesn't drive the car for you, you overdrive you pay for it. Plain and simple.

I hear a lot of stories about how much people hate it, but the only thing they can come up with is that it stopped them from doing their illegal street race. What does it do wrong?

Quick Reply: Traction Control sux...