4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ford Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
GregElliott

Exclamation Ford Service Manual

I know that there are a few people on here that have the 2003 Mustang GT Ford Shop Manual on DVD.. I was wondering if somebody could upload it in pdf format...or if anybody knows where to download it?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:22 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Get it off eBay for $5 plus shipping
Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I doubt you will find one on eBay for $5, the going price is $13 with free shipping and there are only a handful of vendors selling them ( here's one). Ford sent out nasty letters to those who were selling the bootleg copies a year or so ago (don't ask how I know). I see a handful of 2006+ DVDs listed too, Ford will likely get in touch with them as well.

The DVD is an 8.4GB dual-layer puppy, that is date range limited--for example the 2003 version I have will only run if the PC date is set to sometime in December 2003. There is a freeware utility available to get around this conveniently.

It is not a single .PDF file (or even 4 or 5 or 6)but rather a complete document management system including text and thousands of compressed .PDF files (16.000+). It is the ultimate source, making Chilton and Haynes manuals look like cruel hoaxes...

The date utility is available from NirSoft. It is called RunAsDate and works quite nicely. I have found that copying the data from the DVD to a hard drive, and changing some settings in the .ini file, is the best way to go. PM me if you buy the DVD and I can provide some more detail on how this is done.

Last edited by cliffyk; 12-28-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 PM
GregElliott

Somebody should make a copy for me... thats what the forums are for right? to help each other
Old 12-28-2008, 10:08 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GregElliott
Somebody should make a copy for me... thats what the forums are for right? to help each other
That is what gets a Forum in trouble people like you posting they want a bootleg of something
Old 12-28-2008, 12:17 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

I would share them, but don't have the means, nor desire to share a 4 gb file.

In the mean time, look through this thread. There is working login information for the site listed, and it contains all the same information.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6-...air-needs.html
Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
GregElliott

Originally Posted by BraMas
That is what gets a Forum in trouble people like you posting they want a bootleg of something
I've been on other forums that don't mind sharing helpful information.
And what's the difference in that and purchasing a copy from eBay which is a bootleg? There is none.
So if you don't want to be helpful that's fine, keep it to yourself.

Sorry to snap, that just struck me wrong.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by GregElliott
I've been on other forums that don't mind sharing helpful information.
And what's the difference in that and purchasing a copy from eBay which is a bootleg? There is none.
So if you don't want to be helpful that's fine, keep it to yourself.

Sorry to snap, that just struck me wrong.

Actually it makes you an accessory to intellectual property theft, a violation of federal law--plus the guy you buy it from gets a few bucks for his trouble...
Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 PM
GregElliott

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Actually it makes you an accessory to intellectual property theft, a violation of federal law--plus the guy you buy it from gets a few bucks for his trouble...
Purchasing stolen property is just as bad as stealing it.

I just thought forums are for us Mustang owners to help each other and exchange knowledge and information so we can tackle some DIY projects.

For instance, I also have a 1991 Toyota Camry.. and I'm on the ToyotaNation forums.. and they helped me find this.

http://camrystuff.com/index.php?page=Gen2_Manuals

And they didn't complain. They were glad to help.

And I'm not wanting something for nothing, I'll share what knowledge I have just the same as everyone else should.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I think it was the sense of entitlement expressed in the "Somebody should make a copy for me..." that pushed people the wrong way--it's $13 lousy dollars, buy the damned thing from eBay.

Quick Reply: Ford Service Manual