4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Decided to go with the S/C...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
your cams won't cause blow by, that doesn't make any sense. since they are n/a cams they have less lobe seperation (more overlap) which will cause some boost to be blown out the exhaust valve during overlap.

Thanks man. Gonna start on the internals in May hopefully by the time I leave NOV it will be complete... Hey guys with my current set up I should be close to 285 rwhp with the S/C will I over the 400 rwhp mark??
Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Nolimits31
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Thanks man. Gonna start on the internals in May hopefully by the time I leave NOV it will be complete... Hey guys with my current set up I should be close to 285 rwhp with the S/C will I over the 400 rwhp mark??
it all depends on your tune.if you want over 400rwhp then i suggest running 9-10psi with a good tune, you may get that with 8psi but that may be with an aggressive tune. try to stay away from 450rwhp with stock internals. you say your going to forge internals? if so do that first and then get the d-1 procharger kit you will be able to run more boost later down the road once you beef up the trany and the rear end.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
your cams won't cause blow by, that doesn't make any sense. since they are n/a cams they have less lobe seperation (more overlap) which will cause some boost to be blown out the exhaust valve during overlap.
Thats what I meant, sorry for the confusion, I didnt explain myself well enough, I meant with a N/A cam the lobe seperation can cause fresh air to leave through the exhaust valve. Basically what he said. I thought there was a name for it, and blow by sounded good. Sorry, I replied to your PM Soldier. Btw Thank you for what you do for our country. I am honored. If it wasnt for people like you. we wouldnt be able to live the life we do in this great country of ours. So thank you. Always faithful!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Livefast, yes, someone's making close to 600hp I believe with an S trim. But that's not to say you can't try and do the same with a P1sc. He's spinning that S trim to its peak, I'm sure if you didn't feel like upgrading you could pulley up a procharger and spin the hell out of it as well. I'm not saying you'll get the same results he did, but I think most people upgrade to a D1 before they come close to maxing the P1.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Yea thats true must people do upgrade to a D1 when they want to make more power, its just a better supercharger for that application.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

id say go with a KB!!....i used to have an 02 KB GT which made 440rwhp on 10psi..loved every min of it....unfortunately my internals werent forged so BOOM!...next car i had was a 601rwhp vortech T-Trim with 20psi and every other thing u can think of for the motor....sure it was fun but i hated havin to wait around till the higher rpms for the boost to kick in.....now i have an 04 cobra motor in it with the stock eaton and a pully swap makin 446rwhp and 476rwtq....after havin 2 twin screw/roots style blowers and 1 centrifugical blowers i will never own a centri style again!!...u will alway see people with a centri say i wish i would have saved up for a Kenne Bell(even a guy on this thread but forget his name) but i have never once heard someone with a KB wished they had gone with a centri....sure they may cost a little more but are SOOOO much more fun!!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

I agree completely, I PM soldier and said the same thing, if he had the extra dough to go KB. I wish I would have.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Add another one to the list of kinda wish he had a KB. I even have the benefit of the 5.4 and the boost still doesn't come fast enough for me.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 PM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

they say if u wanna make it a track car go with a centri cause it makes more peak power or blah blah blah is all i hear...if u wanna drive it on the street and have fun go with a twin screw!...it is instant torque...of course if u want u can stay out of boost and power when u want to but whenever u wanna smash the gas and put on a smoke show or just take off instantly the power is always there...if i could combine the perfect motor it would have a KB on it....the sound of a ported eaton and when u let off the sound of a bypass valve....im pretty sure u cant get that setup esp a twin screw with a bypass valve to make the whoosh!! or funny noise that everyone loves on a BOV!...but i would much rather take the whine of a twin screw plus all the power that comes with it over a little whoosh of air anyday! my advice is look into diff types of blowers more and save ur $$ till u get what u really want or else u will regret it!! hopefully it all works out though and like someone also said before horray for u bein a soldier and fightin for us!! so all we want is for u to be happy when u get back!!...thats why u should get a KB haha..
Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

ive had my p1sc on my gt since 04 and no problems. gland i didnt go with a kb since they are the only blowers ive seen break or have talked to guys who had them break then switched out for whipples. the cams and 4.10 will definitely complement a p1sc. if you plan on going with a forged setup down the road and want all out power, get the d1sc. not to say you cant get good numbers out of a p1sc. im only running 8 psi but im running out of fuel badly right before 6k rpm. i want more boost but i need more fuel before i can think about that.

Quick Reply: Decided to go with the S/C...