4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

spark plug maitenence

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

Default spark plug maitenence

So is there anything else, thats typical, that i should consider replacing when i do my spark plugs this weekend?? im finally going to get off my lazy *** and do it this weekend. i figured while im at it, if there is anything else recomended i may as well....2003gt.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
yial

this is off topic, but @Enrobriaffej what kind of gages/ faces are those in your sig?

I've always wanted blue ones for my car.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

no idea, i don't believe they are the standard aftermarket white faced you can buy. Whomever had the car before i did put them in. It was the only thing he/she did and still ****ed it up. it was a pain to fix too
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
yial

Yeah, it only goes to 150, instead of 160.. thanks though.. my search for the blue (with the stock looking black face) shall continue.)

Hoe did they screw it up?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 AM
Mike Fox

The gauges look similar to the ones AM sells.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/99-04-...se-gauges.html
Old 01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

While you are off your lazy ***, replace the fuel filter too.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

+1 on the fuel filter...that a look at the air filter as well...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yial
Yeah, it only goes to 150, instead of 160.. thanks though.. my search for the blue (with the stock looking black face) shall continue.)

Hoe did they screw it up?

They didn't wire it properly, so when I pulled the lever for headlights nothing lit up on the gauges. It still doesn't work how it was intended, but I came up with a great, and easy solution a while back. I mounted another smaller lever, nearly identical to the main one just alot smaller, directly underneath the main one.

So, I have to pull the main lever for headlights to come on and the smaller one for the guages to light up. I'm happy with my solution b/c it looks custom and great, especiallly for doing it myself. and it was about $5 at radio shack for the switch. I did post a picture about a year ago, but i can't find it now, i'll post what it looks like when i get home.

Originally Posted by Mike Fox
The gauges look similar to the ones AM sells.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/99-04-...se-gauges.html
yea, but look at the customer images....the coloring is UGLY!! imo

Originally Posted by MJH78
While you are off your lazy ***, replace the fuel filter too.
Originally Posted by timspony
+1 on the fuel filter...that a look at the air filter as well...
Well, actually i changed the fuel filter and put a CAI in very recently. So both of those are fine. I was thinking more along the lines of coils, wires, distributor cap, etc?? any of those really necessary?? I'm at 75K miles

Last edited by enrobriaffej; 01-30-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

no other suggestions?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by enrobriaffej
They didn't wire it properly, so when I pulled the lever for headlights nothing lit up on the gauges. It still doesn't work how it was intended, but I came up with a great, and easy solution a while back. I mounted another smaller lever, nearly identical to the main one just alot smaller, directly underneath the main one.

So, I have to pull the main lever for headlights to come on and the smaller one for the guages to light up. I'm happy with my solution b/c it looks custom and great, especiallly for doing it myself. and it was about $5 at radio shack for the switch. I did post a picture about a year ago, but i can't find it now, i'll post what it looks like when i get home.

yea, but look at the customer images....the coloring is UGLY!! imo

Well, actually i changed the fuel filter and put a CAI in very recently. So both of those are fine. I was thinking more along the lines of coils, wires, distributor cap, etc?? any of those really necessary?? I'm at 75K miles
Have you never been under the hood of your car? No distributor or plug wires; Coil On Plug, high tech stuff.

I shouldn't be helping a jackass (see sig) anyways, but I'm a nice guy.

Quick Reply: spark plug maitenence