4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What should be higher priority for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burtonsnow157
I have a 2003 GT, i have an mrt catted h pipe, and a mac catback. I also still have the stock 17x8 bullitts on it. I'm trying to decide between new rims or a new catback but i dont really know what should matter more.

a.) my rims are in decent shape, but one has a 10 inch scuff along the rim from hittin a curb and one has a small dent in it, came like that. .. this damage is noticeable at close examination but really isnt too bad

b.) my chrome catback was peeling so i painted the tips and tailpipes satin black. .. . after about 2 months of driving the undersides are very chipped and a lot of the paint was removed. the tips are starting to get some paint chipped off too. . . technically i could just repaint them and they'll be good for another month or two and i'll just keep repainting

so with the fact that i technically could use both rims and a new catback, which one sounds like i need to get it more. neither are in dire disrepair but one needs to get fixed.

for the catback i had borla stingers in mind, which sound amazing with the mrt mid pipe
for rims i'd probably get black bullitts

Borlas are very exspensive. I bought my flowmaster catback coupled with the O/r H-pipe and I get nothing but accolades. I would probally go with the catback (not going to tell you which one because we all have different tastes). Good luck man.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
borlas IMO are incredibly overrated. they cost an assload of cash for a tone less exhaust. regardless of what it is mated with (X or H) it still doesnt sound very good. X is way too raspy and H....bleh.
ugh.. if i knew how to take a video and post it on here, i would prove you wrong and change your mind forever i dont have stingers, but i do have some kinda borla exhaust on my car with a hi-flow catted X and it sounds AMAZING.. loud when i want it to be and quiet if i try
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
ugh.. if i knew how to take a video and post it on here, i would prove you wrong and change your mind forever i dont have stingers, but i do have some kinda borla exhaust on my car with a hi-flow catted X and it sounds AMAZING.. loud when i want it to be and quiet if i try

It's coming.... Once again like I said we all have different tastes. I'm preety sure that your car sounds good, congrats on that. I don't think my car sounds AMAZING but everyone else does. Oh yeah nice color on the stang..
Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
It's coming.... Once again like I said we all have different tastes. I'm preety sure that your car sounds good, congrats on that. I don't think my car sounds AMAZING but everyone else does. Oh yeah nice color on the stang..
NO NO NO... You have a nice color

i dont think we have the same color.. are you laser red or redfire... redfire right? im laser

but i love your car.. and the new sig is sick.. NOICE
Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
i personally dont like the sound of catted midpipes. they sound beast down low, but when you rev it up it just sounds weak when it should be screaming.

...and borlas dont sound good with an o/r midpipe.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

i personally dont like the sound of catted midpipes. they sound beast down low, but when you rev it up it just sounds weak when it should be screaming.

...and borlas dont sound good with an o/r midpipe.
ya know what.. i actually noticed that... i went to e-town and somebody had the same exact catback as me (which i found surprising bc i cant even find my catback on the internet...) and he also had an O/R X pipe.. i asked him to fire it up and it didnt sound good at all and it was quieter than my set-up for some reason..

but you are right. borla is overpriced and probably overrated.. i love LM2's
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

it's all personal opinion... search youtube for what you think sounds the best or maybe some of these guys can put up their own videos of their exhaust...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
blackGTcp
4th Gear Member

Borlas only sound good on 4v's IMO
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Burtonsnow157
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daddys GT500
Excellent choice on the mid-pipe, make me wonder why you got such a piece of sh*t cat back. Magna packs sounds great with that set up a little loud...but deep (get better tips though. Angled rolled tips...) IMO

the mac catback came with the car. .. but honestly it sounds pretty legit i dont like magnaflow cause their tips are so cheap looking lol, its a thin azz pipe wall with a hole drilled on the bottom edge

heres a link of exactly what my car could sound like with borla stingers and my mrt mid pipe. . . i think its pretty sex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWcsk...eature=related

Last edited by Burtonsnow157; 02-10-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

borlas IMO are incredibly overrated. they cost an assload of cash for a toneless exhaust. regardless of what it is mated with (X or H) it still doesnt sound very good. X is way too raspy and H....bleh.
There are 2 kinds of borlas, The Stingers & Quiet Borlas. Which ones are you talking about?

Quick Reply: What should be higher priority for me?