4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Low cost HP

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilc1511
lol, nobody answered his question at all.... he wants low cost parts, not a blower. heh.

your going to have to shop around for the lowest of low prices man, most places are pretty competitively priced but some places are lower in some areas (ie injectors or exhaust components) and higher in others....
all in all shop around everytime you buy a part. i haven't found just one site with all good deals.
And you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
And you have no idea what you're talking about.
lol, alright, lets hear it... y?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01LaserGT
Hi i recently got a crack in my intake manifold. I have a 2001 4.6 GT. While i was replacing the intake i was looking for something not factory and preferably something that would give me a little power. I thought while i was doing in i might as well do out and out some long pipe headers on it as well. I have never done any work like this on a vehicle newer than a 70 model and was wondering if some one could point me in the direction of some good low cost parts. When it comes to horse power i know the more money you have the faster you can go but im not looking to break any records here, maybe only build it up to 400 maybe 500 horse power when its all said and done. thanks in advanced
did you read this? he was looking for LTs and an intake. lol. are you just an angry person?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
If you want 400 or 500 hp, personally I would skip all the little **** and get a blower (or nitrous)
^Blower!

Nitrous although great is hit or miss with a stock bottom end and anything more than a 125 shot.
I agree replace it with stock intake with the aluminum crossover.

Originally Posted by Riggs
+1 on the blower, love the sound and in my opinion it's way better than N20. Blower = power all the time N20 = Power when you hit the button.
Nitrous = temporary HP lol J/k

A blower is in the picture for one day but i have to replace the intake anyway so i am looking for something thats not plastic and that isnt 600 dollars
Good luck my friend. I would reccomend the TFS with the round TB for app if you where dead set on a intake but it's 799. I replace ir with a stock. I just sold one for 65.

Then your only option is used.
And that would be more likely a pro products. Yuk!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:04 AM
01LaserGT

lol, nobody answered his question at all.... he wants low cost parts, not a blower. heh.

your going to have to shop around for the lowest of low prices man, most places are pretty competitively priced but some places are lower in some areas (ie injectors or exhaust components) and higher in others....
all in all shop around everytime you buy a part. i haven't found just one site with all good deals.
Yes and yes thank you very much thats more down the road that i was looking... i have been looking around but its hard finding a starting point.. and a blower and nos would be nice but i personally dont like nos for the fact that its a money whole and secondly a blower is not in the budget right now... also i do want to replace the intake with a non factory intake due to the fact that it is cracked and also i have heard that this is a fairly common problem with the plastic composite design not only in fords... and lastly some said "I would reccomend the TFS with the round TB for app" i am not totally aware of what that is if you would please elaborate it would be appreciated thanks again for the help
Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
01LaserGT

Thank you very much... and you are the first to go the right way with the answer

Last edited by 01LaserGT; 03-26-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: wrong post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Here you go http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog

you do know that's just the lower intake right?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

you do know that's just the lower intake right?
Yea I noticed. I figured he could find the rest lol
Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Thank you very much... and you are the first to go the right way with the answer
He doesn't know what adds power to 4.6 mustangs and he obviously doesn't know anything about the limitation in options for our intakes. There are no intakes that greatly improve anything for around $500 or hell, even for 1200 if you're working with stock components.

You are a noobie asking questions that I don't expect you to know the answers to, but if there's one piece of advice I can give you its, "Don't listen to other noobs that give cushy no help answers that sound like they should be coming out of Obamas mouth".

I'll restate and modify to my original statement. The factory design is a pretty good design and works well for most applications. You WILL NOT gain any substantial numbers from buying an aftermarket intake. Some loose power on the low end and only make it up for with only another 12-15 on the top end (Past stock cams power range anyway).

The Pro Products intake which is the only intake in the 500$ range is crap and with heat soak most people haven't gained any Hp at all. If you want to make ANY POWER AT ALL, get cams, heads, exhaust. You have to remember that because this is a 4.6, not one component is going to be a miracle bolt on. A full bolt on car is going to be in the range of 300-360rwhp and more leaning to the 300.

With a completely stock long block and exhaust manifolds, 10lbs of boost through a fmic and a V2 I made 436. I added cams and went to 488. Added heads and a pulley I went to 550.(lots of timing) Now i'm reaching for 580 with another $1k in parts....If you wanted easy hp you should have bought GM But then of course, you'd look like an over-weight catfish.

Welcome to MF.com

Quick Reply: Low cost HP