4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

typhoon intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Stick with the PI intake
What's a PI intake?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

The PI intake is the stock intake of of the 1999-2004 Mustangs
Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by defconfire
The PI intake is the stock intake of of the 1999-2004 Mustangs
Thank you for that bit of info. Why should I stay with that? wouldn't an aftermarket one be better?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Y2KGT
1st Gear Member

$500-$600!? wow so not worth it. if your REALLY desperate for it, you can by one used for WAY cheaper. you would be better off just taking your money, tearing it up in little pieces, burn it, and flush it down the sh!ter. there are way better mods that will get more "bang for your buck". it's a mod that you just "don't need". i have it, and it's like a used condom... it does nothing for me i'm saving for a Kenne bell 2.1, and it will just replace the useless peice of junk. i'm actually just giving it away to a buddy who's 2v juiced. he will make better use to it.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Y2KGT
1st Gear Member

hey defconfire! why u selling?
got some BIGGER plans
Old 04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
DVS_Z28
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Y2KGT
$500-$600!? wow so not worth it. if your REALLY desperate for it, you can by one used for WAY cheaper. you would be better off just taking your money, tearing it up in little pieces, burn it, and flush it down the sh!ter. there are way better mods that will get more "bang for your buck". it's a mod that you just "don't need". i have it, and it's like a used condom... it does nothing for me i'm saving for a Kenne bell 2.1, and it will just replace the useless peice of junk. i'm actually just giving it away to a buddy who's 2v juiced. he will make better use to it.
+1, good advice
Old 04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Y2KGT
Just to let you know I'm procharging my car, getting the typhoon, and then dyno-ing it. Doesn't that change things since there's a lot more airflow going in now?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Stick with the PI intake

Gotta agree with you buddy..
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kongdong
How would you guys rate this product? Is it worth it?
No. The Typhoon is good for juiced apps, it is metal and handles backfires without cracking. The design of the PI stock manifold is actually pretty good and there is not much to gain by swapping it for aftermarket. All centri style blowers (Procharge included) will work fine with the PI intake. Save the cash for another mod.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Armydad
No. The Typhoon is good for juiced apps, it is metal and handles backfires without cracking. The design of the PI stock manifold is actually pretty good and there is not much to gain by swapping it for aftermarket. All centri style blowers (Procharge included) will work fine with the PI intake. Save the cash for another mod.
I read that if you put in blower cams that you get to see the full potential of the typhoon. If that's true then that is one of my future mods. I read you get right around 20 rwhp from just that mod alone. Is that true?

Quick Reply: typhoon intake manifold