4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Romeo Vs. Windsor "some interesting stuff you may want to know :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
my engine is a windsor block with romeo heads and it works fine. The windsor blocks are stronger. There is also a service hole in the romeo blocks for the transmission. The windsor blocks dont have that they are just solid right there
BS... There is no proof that one cast Mod block is stronger than any other. Just because one block has more or less material doesn't mean a thing.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 05-27-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
BS... There is no proof that one cast Mod block is stronger than any other. Just because one block has more or less material doesn't mean a thing.
As much as this pains me i'm super glad sxy stepped in and said this because I was pretty close to having to do the same....which I normally leave for the "experts." Aparently the word "density" isn't a part of that guy's vocabulary.

Not to mention I pretty much laughed my *** off at that pirate comment.....also rare.

I also cant help but to notice you're non-direct hangwire sig message has changed. I don't mean to insult but........it seems that a person like you would be smart enough to realize an asshat tuner from a good tuner, what happened with this guy? Why did you trust him with a second tune?

Last edited by Hangwire; 05-27-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
As much as this pains me i'm super glad sxy stepped in and said this because I was pretty close to having to do the same....which I normally leave for the "experts." Aparently the word "density" isn't a part of that guy's vocabulary.

Not to mention I pretty much laughed my *** off at that pirate comment.....also rare.

I also cant help but to notice you're non-direct hangwire sig message has changed. I don't mean to insult but........it seems that a person like you would be smart enough to realize an asshat tuner from a good tuner, what happened with this guy? Why did you trust him with a second tune?
I'm only an *** when I need to be and I forget it after the next post. My sig changes almost like my mood swings.

Small mostly ill-ledgible rant....

He was cheap and my buddy Eric kept encouraging me to just stick with him and that he wasn't that bad. I was suspect of his last tune which lead to the loss of the #8 cylinder. I couldn't prove it so I let it go, I drove 2 hours to have him change my tune for the BA3000 maf, and after I got there, it was the same old issues...and he wasn't able to burn the chip. Then he strung me along for 3 weeks, (all the while I can't break in my new engine.) "I don't have time" blah blah blah... Finally, I called him yesterday and asked him about it (after ignoring 3 of my calls) yesterday he answered and tried putting me off again... I said screw it and bought the Sniper sofware. An hour later, I talk to my buddy and I asked him when he was able to get his car tuned now, and he said, MONDAY! So he has time to drive 2 hours to tune his car on a monday (Which he doesn't charge him so he's not making any money) but he didn't have 10 minutes to sit in front of a computer and take care of my tune. He's a hack.

I paid 250 for my first NA tune, 150 for my last FI tune and I was only supposed to pay 100. I was blinded by the cheap price.

Even I'm an idiot sometimes.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
what are you talking about? just because you havent seen any broken modular blocks doesnt mean that one isnt stronger than the other. it most certainly IS stronger than the romeo. Common sense will tell you that a block with more material is going to be harder to split than one with less material. The windsor blocks have better main cap cross pins and the block is a $200 upgrade from DSS....
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
mustangman281
Banned

It is B.S. Both blocks have the same strength. That hole in the back of the valley means nothing. The dowel pins in the windsors and the jack screws in the romeos work exactly the same and have no difference in strength or keeping the main caps from walking. Depending on what romeo engine you have there is a difference in strength. The 96-98 romeo engines have more material in the webbing then the 01-04 romeos but it has to be removed to make more power so it doesn't really matter.