4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need Bullitt pedal install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:21 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Bullitt pedal install help

OMG, 30 minute install my ****. If I had a sledge hammer last nite i would have beat my car to hell wit hit. I got the dead pedal and gas pedal on within 10 minutes. The effin clutch and brake pedal is a stupid design. WTF were they thinking, who can possibly do this easily. I searched and read every post on here and stangnet regarding this issue. I have tried soap, WD40, heating up the rubber, and nothing, I cant get the fuggers to slip on. Does anybody have any other tips? Do you think I should take it to a ford body shop and have them do it if they have a special trim tool that they can slip them on easier? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: Need Bullitt pedal install help

Soapy water.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
mark96gt

This is how I did mine
What I found was that the new pedal covers had a smaller opening on the back then did the originals. So I trimed the opening to the same size as the originals with an exacto knife. I then put plain dish washing liquid on my finger and ran it all around the inside lip of the new pedal covers. I started with the clutch then the break, these are the hardest. Slip the bottom of the peddal under the lip of one side of the new cover and turn it upright as far as possible, this should give you almost two sides done. Holding it tight against the pedal you will now need a decent size flat blade screw driver with a short handle. Put the blade between the open side of the cover and peadal and push the screw driver down to open the lip and slip the cover on. You should now have most of 3 sides done. Now work the top on each side of the pedal shaft. The gas pedal on mine, the entire pedal shaft comes off so I could tap the pin out to put the new one on then reinsert the pin. Of course I left the dead pedal for last since this was the easiest.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:11 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

You'd think someone would of come up with an easier installation setup than that, but I guess there's no need to worry about them slipping off later
Old 06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

I just went trhu hell but I put them on. I just had to tek little breaks befor I started hitting my car with a sledge hammer. It was hard but It all worked out.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:35 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

They are a pain in the *** - no two ways about it. Just keep at it and they will eventually go on.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:16 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i cut the upper corners a little bit, and they went on pretty easy after that, well with the help of a screw driver to wedge them on. they really are worth the trouble in the end though, they look sweet.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Got them on, finally, and really easy with this method that somebody recommended. I took a pot of water and brought it to almost boiling (just when the bubbles start going). dropped in a pedal for about 2 minutes. Pulled it out (while wearing leather gloves) and put soap on them. The rubber after sitting in hot water loosens up a LOT. The pedals slipped on in 60 seconds of messing with them. It was soooo easy compared to what i was doing before. Anybody that is about to do this, trust me, use this method and save your car from the sledge hammer.