4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:24 AM
rebelleader

Default RE: Projectors?

I have had projectors on my car for the last week. I don't think they look ricey at all. I think the looks and performance is way above stock. The regular beams put ample light on the road. The High Beams are so strong you can actually see through objects.

The only problem is mine are already fogged up. I need to take them out, clean them, thenre-seal them with some kind of Silicone. Buy them, you won't regret it.

P.S. - I will post pics on Saturday after I fix the problem.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:31 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

I have had projectors on my car for the last week. I don't think they look ricey at all.
This coming from someone with CARBON FIBER TRIM
Old 07-07-2005, 04:36 AM
rebelleader

ORIGINAL: rbstang

I have had projectors on my car for the last week. I don't think they look ricey at all.
This coming from someone with CARBON FIBER TRIM
Thanks for the cut down. Way to make a new guy feel welcome. I always say to each their own. I like the carbon fiber and dont think that it counts as being ricey. I am not a big fan of rice, but if that is how someone wants to modify their car then that is their right.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

No problem any time. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.... To me carbon fiber is ricey. Why do you think they make 99% carbon fiber products for import cars. Carbon fiber intake, JDM Front Lip, Hood, Exhaust all for imports not many mustang people have carbon fiber because its ricey ! but then again its my opinion. If you happy with it why do you care what i think?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Are you calling MrsCode's CF hood, ricey?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

They often call what they are unable to understand ricey
Old 07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbstang

No problem any time. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.... To me carbon fiber is ricey. Why do you think they make 99% carbon fiber products for import cars. Carbon fiber intake, JDM Front Lip, Hood, Exhaust all for imports not many mustang people have carbon fiber because its ricey ! but then again its my opinion. If you happy with it why do you care what i think?
Yeah I saw this ferrari with all these carbon fiber pieces on it. Ricer all the way...[sm=icon_blah.gif]
Old 07-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tkb01029

The real problem with the stock headlights on the 1999-2004 Mustang is that they are just not very good. Are the "diamont" or "projector" light I've seen on EBay actually any better at lighting up the road at night.

As far as hi-power bulbs - I have tried them and other then their short life span, all the do is put more light in the wrong places b/c the problem is not intensity but the reflector design.

Enuf' rant... Does anyone have any positive / negative feed back on how well replacement headlights function?
The aftermarket projectors aren't going to work any better (probably worse since they are designed for looks not function).
They also have weird crap in the housing like these three oval holes between the lights and turn signals and these weird horrizontal lines over the turn signal. I dont even think the inner projector functions at all since the bulbs are dual hi/low beams which really adds to the "fakeness" of them.

As far as getting better visibility, what you haven't considered is an HID kit. This may solve both problems (not bright enough, and different projection). The reason is that the HID bulbs turn the filament sideways and seem to light up closer to the true focus of the housing (atleast in the car that I saw with them). Not to mention it is much brighter.

Look on line for HID kits that replace the 9007 bulb

To all this concerns, ALTEZZAs are the second TRADEMARK of RICE (just barely behind fart cans). I'm not saying don't get them because that is up to you but it does not look any better. If you want cooler tails, try getting the cobra (which has the yellow turn signals) and/or smoking them. If you like gimmiks, stick with sequential. These things won't make you look like a ricer wannabe who drives a domestic. That is, unless you want that title.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

ORIGINAL: tkb01029

The real problem with the stock headlights on the 1999-2004 Mustang is that they are just not very good. Are the "diamont" or "projector" light I've seen on EBay actually any better at lighting up the road at night.

As far as hi-power bulbs - I have tried them and other then their short life span, all the do is put more light in the wrong places b/c the problem is not intensity but the reflector design.

Enuf' rant... Does anyone have any positive / negative feed back on how well replacement headlights function?
The aftermarket projectors aren't going to work any better (probably worse since they are designed for looks not function).
They also have weird crap in the housing like these three oval holes between the lights and turn signals and these weird horrizontal lines over the turn signal. I dont even think the inner projector functions at all since the bulbs are dual hi/low beams which really adds to the "fakeness" of them.

As far as getting better visibility, what you haven't considered is an HID kit. This may solve both problems (not bright enough, and different projection). The reason is that the HID bulbs turn the filament sideways and seem to light up closer to the true focus of the housing (atleast in the car that I saw with them). Not to mention it is much brighter.

Look on line for HID kits that replace the 9007 bulb

To all this concerns, ALTEZZAs are the second TRADEMARK of RICE (just barely behind fart cans). I'm not saying don't get them because that is up to you but it does not look any better. If you want cooler tails, try getting the cobra (which has the yellow turn signals) and/or smoking them. If you like gimmiks, stick with sequential. These things won't make you look like a ricer wannabe who drives a domestic. That is, unless you want that title.
Cool.

I have ALTEZZAs with sequentials and HID bulbs. You're welcome to call me a ricer wannabe all you want while you're stuck behind me admiring the tails.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Stuck behind you? If you've only got the mods in your sig, it's not likely. And no, I don't admire any altezza tails on domestics. Even on cars much faster than me. Not carbon fiber ones, not chrome housing ones, not ones that make your tails have circles or ovals, not ones that change it from a tripple light to a double... none of them. They basically cheapen the look of the car and make you look like every other kid jumping on the fatf band wagon. I'm all for being custom but altezzas go into tacky land.

Quick Reply: Projectors?