4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Exhaust

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

Good..I love hearing SLP nothing sounds better..

I wish I could get a video up for you guys..LT headers, O/R H, Loudmouth and a cam=heaven (and SCARY loud)
sick.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

well said.
Thank you Acer.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ghoste

Good..I love hearing SLP nothing sounds better..

I wish I could get a video up for you guys..LT headers, O/R H, Loudmouth and a cam=heaven (and SCARY loud)
sick.
Oh I can't even describe it to you man..it is INTENSE..like there is insane gurgle, insane roar..everything..you name a type of sound a V8 exhaust makes and I get it..

Just thought I'd share this story with you guys:

A couple of weeks ago an Eclipse pulled up to me with neons, lowereda good 2 inches, rims, and a fart can and he thought he had something. I'm sitting in the right lane at a light in town, he pulls up in the left lane. He starts revving it at me and I just ignore him completely. Then he really revs up to like redline. I don't look. Instead, I push the toggle for my electric cut-outs and go form a nice decent idle, to straight headers total rawness. I am like shaking in the car from the idle. I look over at him and nod my head. His face gets all scared and nervous it was amzing. He nods back. The light turns green and I friggin floor it. I peel a little bit, but I wanted to to scare him (I also have 4:10's on some pretty old tires). And I peeled for a good 8 feet and he still wasn't even at the middle of car when he took off while I was peeling out. By the time I hit second I had 3 1/2 cars on him and you couldn't hear anything except for the beast that was screaming out of my headers. He made the first right turn possible so he wouldn't be by me at the next light. Then I see a cop (must have heard my car screaming) so i push the toggle switch again and my car gets quieter real fast! Although not that much quieter b/c of my set up but you get the point. That was actually more about cut-outs then anything..but with LT's and a damn good mid pipe (should be an h) catted or not with the Loudmouth your gonna scream when you get on it.

Just thought you guys would get a kick out of that
Old 06-29-2005, 10:36 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

i think electric cutouts are cool but expensive

btw, good story man
Old 06-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Yes they are very cool..but not expensive..I paid 140 bucks for mine (2)..and had them installed so it cost more..for what it does and the sweetness it adds..I think it's worth it.

Thank you on the story compliment. It was a lot of fun..I must have been doing 90 by the beginning of third down the main street in my town..talk about an adrenaline rush
Old 06-29-2005, 10:47 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

You can't go wrong with an SLP Catted X (that can be easily transformed into an O/R X)...
Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

You are right, they can easily be swapped..but the sound of an H is better then the sound of the X to some. H=deep, classic muscle car sound..X=highe, raspier sound
Old 06-30-2005, 01:22 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Yes they are very cool..but not expensive..I paid 140 bucks for mine (2)..and had them installed so it cost more..for what it does and the sweetness it adds..I think it's worth it.

Thank you on the story compliment. It was a lot of fun..I must have been doing 90 by the beginning of third down the main street in my town..talk about an adrenaline rush

Awesome bro, Does any company make cut-out kits or do you have to torch the pipe, install flanges and use a motor to open/close?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:58 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

You are right, they can easily be swapped..but the sound of an H is better then the sound of the X to some. H=deep, classic muscle car sound..X=highe, raspier sound
clearly you've never actually heard an X pipe. mine is in no way, shape or form higher pitched and raspy. in fact, when i had my LM1s, after i swapped the H out for my new X, it made them sooooo much deeper and soooo much louder. made them sound a hell of a lot better at WOT.

my X with my LM2s is loud and has a nice DEEP pur at idle. one that you can still feel if you stand behind it. it has an aggressively deep cruising speed and WOT can't be beat.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Yes, Nanaki, I have heard many,many x pipes..a friend of my sisters has the SLP catted X with the loudmouth1..another one of her friends as a MAC catted H with the loudmouth1..the loudmouth with the h, im my opinion, is MUCH deeper sounding then the x..not saying that the x sounds like a civic with a fart can..but in my opinion h pieps are deeper and x pipes are raspier

Quick Reply: SLP Exhaust