4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Tunning w/ Predator

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:32 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

Default Tunning w/ Predator

Im installing 42lb injectors, a 90mm MAF, and I want to take 2 degrees of timing out. I was looking into my predator chip to see if i could do that and i cant find the option that will let me do that. does anyone know how to do that on the Diablo Predator. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 10:51 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tunning w/ Predator

Performance Tune -> Custom Tune

when your in the menu on the predator
Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

dont u have to download a custom tune from your computer?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Im not sure, but I believe its in Custom Tune..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:49 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

when i go to performance i get the option of Diablo, tune hp, and some other option. I dont have custom tune. There is an option that says custom tune but that is for uploading from the computer.

Has anyone installed new injectors and MAF? what kind of reprogramming is required?

I know that the chip can adjust timing b/c i heard people talk about it, but i cant seem to find it as an option in the menu.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:36 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I believe that you must buy a custom tune from a trusted source and it can be uploaded via your predator. Not sure. I don't think that your Predator has suficient settings to calibrate the injectors/MAF (unless they are already calibrated together which could be the case). You can however pull timing with your predator. It's under a screen like 'modify tune' or 'modify parameters'. Keep in mind that timing adjustments are made as % and not degrees. This can be confusing. I you are going supercharged, I think that you are better going too forward retard than advance. Especially as a starting point. Just my $.02. Hope this helps.

Ooopes. Also, keep in mind that the Predator mod settings only affect WOT (wide open throttle). So, for example, if you have the Diablo tune installed, and you go in and pull timing via the Predator gui interface, you are only affecting timing at WOT. The remainder of the curve will still be timing advanced as per whatever Diablo tune that you are running. You could always set it to FACTORY HP or stock or whatever.

Anybody check me on this info?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:40 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jishead

I believe that you must buy a custom tune from a trusted source and it can be uploaded via your predator. Not sure. I don't think that your Predator has suficient settings to calibrate the injectors/MAF (unless they are already calibrated together which could be the case). You can however pull timing with your predator. It's under a screen like 'modify tune' or 'modify parameters'. Keep in mind that timing adjustments are made as % and not degrees. This can be confusing. I you are going supercharged, I think that you are better going too forward retard than advance. Especially as a starting point. Just my $.02. Hope this helps.

Ooopes. Also, keep in mind that the Predator mod settings only affect WOT (wide open throttle). So, for example, if you have the Diablo tune installed, and you go in and pull timing via the Predator gui interface, you are only affecting timing at WOT. The remainder of the curve will still be timing advanced as per whatever Diablo tune that you are running. You could always set it to FACTORY HP or stock or whatever.

Anybody check me on this info?
MAF & Injectors are tuned with each other using Calibration Tubes

80mm Unit for 1999-2001 4.6L Mustangs
Stock Injectors (GT & Cobra) Black Tube (105)
24lb GT Purple Tube (099)
30lb GT Red Tube (103)

Not seeing 42lb tubes..
Old 07-08-2005, 12:48 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

disregard my last post, i see your not using C&L, and using a lightning maf..

looking for the info now..
Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

I think the 90MM lightning MAF is tuned for 42lb injectors
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 AM
That Guy
2nd Gear Member

You can change the timing. If you've mostly likely put in the Diablo tune when yopu first installed it. Plug it back in and go into to Diablo tune, it will allow you to modify that tune and only retard the timing and change nothing else.

Quick Reply: Tunning w/ Predator