4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

After many new mods car is idling rough!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
kcsaleenGT

Default After many new mods car is idling rough!

Yesterday I put 75 mm accufab throttle body, 75mm mac plem, mac cold air intake, and a bbk offroad Xpipe. After all these mod my 2000 Gt is idling rough. What do guys think the problem is????
Old 07-13-2005, 07:47 PM
STANGTVERT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: After many new mods car is idling rough!

The IAC is dying..............clean it and reset the computer by disconnecting the battery
Old 07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
kcsaleenGT

I don't think its "IAC" the car was running perfect yesterday. I took it off and cleaned it and the car is still idling rough.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:32 AM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

If your MAC system turns into the fenderwell, that turn may create turbulance that screws with the MAF. Still, disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer reset.

Good luck
Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

If your MAC system turns into the fenderwell, that turn may create turbulance that screws with the MAF. Still, disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer reset.

Good luck
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 AM
starcam
1st Gear Member

Check ur tps voltage, or maybe some oil got onto the maf sensor from the filter.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 AM
blownstanger
2nd Gear Member

[sm=youreright.gif]
Old 07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kcsaleenGT

Yesterday I put 75 mm accufab throttle body, 75mm mac plem, mac cold air intake, and a bbk offroad Xpipe. After all these mod my 2000 Gt is idling rough. What do guys think the problem is????
Is all the intake parts (plenum, t/b, cai) sealed up nice and tight. You might have a vacuum leak.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Jakes
2nd Gear Member

Like 04Blue said.... Did you reset your computer as per the instructions in the owners manual?

Also, did you take out the screen just before the MAF when you put on the CAI? The screen serves to straighten out the air flow to the MAF. Sometimes when you remove it you will get a rough idle. If resetting the computer doesn't help try putting the screen back in.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Recheck all your connections, vacuum lines, sensors, etc. You will also need MIL eliminators if you use an off road "X" pipe to keep the computer from getting bad feedback and turning on a warning light. Your MAF might have damaged or dirty sensor wires.......very important to keep these clean. When working around your throttel body and plenum, you should only use 1/4" drive sockets otherwise you may severely over torque your bolts. You are dealing with aluminum that can distort with over torquing and cause a leak, not to mention a plastic intake manifold. I would especially check around your new CAI to be sure all parts are properly seated for good sealing. When I installed my Accufag plenum I also installed a new IAC at the same time to avoid any possible problems with idling. Does sound like some kind of a vacuum leak though.

Quick Reply: After many new mods car is idling rough!