4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

02 GT Conv. Missing??? PLZ help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
*PrincessDanielle*

Angry 02 GT Conv. Missing??? PLZ help

Sooo, Ive had this car for bout a year now, and F*** Mustangs!! I love Mustangs soo much! but ughh y cant they build them good so you dont have to replace something every 6 months! ughh! they may sound good, but unless you want to fix everything with your car, they suck! True story
I bought it in march of 09

Any ways, I got it and it had a Major Vacum leak, so my friend got a new hose and rewired it and it was fine.
But then he put the code reader on it and it read P113, Which is the Intake air temp. sensor, i bought the part and cant find the piece that plugs into it. so w/e my car ran fine, unless i drove it along way. like 30 miles, it would start to hessitate when u press the gas. so i never drove it along way

UGH, and then... in july of 09, it started acting funny again! the oil pressure on my gauges would drop from middle to all the way low, like when i was driving they would stay where there suppose to be, but when i stopped at a red light or something it would drop all the way down. weird. soo one day i was on my way to a job interview and it was at a red light, and when i went to take off it was sputtering, like it was hessitating or something, so i got out and checked my oil and it said it was low, so i put oil in it and kept going. well idk wtf happend, but my oil pump when out!! ughh. so i had the oil pump fixed and then on the way home from the shop and once i drove it for a while the oil pressure dropped again, i got home pissed and then when i drove my car again it was fine, no gauges dropped or anything

Soo.. maybe in november, ( my ABS light has been on) my E brake light started coming on when i pressed the brakes, it got worse and even when i just started my car the light came on. so i checked my brake fluid and it was fine, but i put more in any ways and it made the E brake light go off. now it wil be fine for a while (2 weeks, i barley drive the car, from home to work everday, maybe 7 miles) then the E brake light will come on again so i put more brake fluid in.

NOW! the other day coming home from work, i had just left work and i floored it and it hit 2000 RPMS and was sputtering, it wouldnt it 2500 RPMS, and wouldnt go ne where, just jerk back when i floored it. So i drove easy the whole way home (its fine taking off, but once i try to get passed 2500 RPMS it doesnt wanna go) So my dad said it could either be my coils and to take one off at a time and see which is acting bad when i take it off or my fuel filter, so i changed my fuel filter and it was fine for a little while when i floored it then i got all happy, set down and drank a damn beer and was going to get more (had a bad day lol) and stepped on it and shoo nuff! it was kicking when i hit 2000 RPMS, grrr. idk wat it could be or if the IAT sensor has anything to do wit it, cuz its doing wat it does now (kicking) like it did when i drove it for along time.. I have no freakin clue what it could be and im soo tired of this mustang! I was going to sell it yesterday and it started kicking, so now i feel bad tryin to sell a piece of **** car! plz help so i can get this POS out of my hands! plz plz plz

Thanks
Muah
Danielle <3
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 AM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

don't worry about the e-brake light because that doesn't affect driveability of the car. atleast for now until you fix the hesitation. most of the time when people are having hesitation problems 90% of the time it is the COPs. buy new ones or try to isolate the defective cop by doing what your dad suggested. how many miles are on your car? rare, but it does happen, could be a clogged cat. hope this helps. could even be a tps sensor
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 AM
*PrincessDanielle*

COPs? Coil packs?
What would it be doing if it was a clogged cat? wait i dnt have cats?

O ya, and its throwing code P141, Which is heated oxygen sensor, but that should be because i have no cats, right?

Whats TPS sensor?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I don't know the codes, but it could be throwing that code if you don't have cats.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

well thats wat i figure, since the O2 sensors are in the cats. but idk y its missing. im buyin all new spark plugs right now to see if that helps but grrr i just want to sell this pos
Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

cop=coil on plugs
tps=throttle position sensor
with that many miles i would put money on it being one of your COP. you have 8, 1 per cylinder. or maybe even a cracked COP boot. (the thing that attaches the COP to the spark plug. eather way unless you know which cylinder is misfiring its pretty hard determin the bad one. or it could be something as simple as a clogged fuel filter. i didn't see in ur post that u replaced that so i would start there see if that helps.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

my thoughts = clean maf + new air filter? spark plugs?
yes, +1 inspect the coils.
do you get your gas at the same place? is it a quality place? i've had problems with getting gas at "no name" places and... well... i would purposely let my car idle afterwards because the gas was so horrible i didnt want to to drive it with crappy gas.

fuel filter?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

Alright, Sunday i went to autozone and got a new fuel filter and put that one, it drove smooth for a little bit then went rough again, but didnt jerk as hard since i got a new fuel filter

I went to autozone to get the tool to clean the MAF sensor and nothing =/

And yesterday I went and got all new spark plugs and put them in, and guess freakin wat, its still doing it. Today im going to try the coil packs, god plz make this work! =]

I used to get my gas at shell but since NObama took over i got to Valerho. lol

Sooo what is TPS? how do i know if thats bad?

Shi* be time i get done with this car i can prob build a freakin mustang! im buyin a foxbody next, black with pink stripes =] and build it my self =]]
Im excited for that one, this one.. not so much. its my everyday car =/
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Danielle.....i replied to your post in my thread here

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6-...lp-needed.html
Old 01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

not really, my car isnt dying, its still running, just like ****!
ill still take your advice and im trying the coils tonite, but geez, im pretty sure i bought the WORST mustang they made

Much Love
Danielle

Quick Reply: 02 GT Conv. Missing??? PLZ help