4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

AutoX / RoadRace Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I don't know how many points you MUST have with a vert on a track, but more points are going to be better for sure.

I mean... How much is your safety worth?

Jazzer
i get the point
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I don't know how many points you MUST have with a vert on a track, but more points are going to be better for sure.

I mean... How much is your safety worth?

Jazzer
QFT my friend=P
Old 02-16-2010, 08:53 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

ok so I cant find the upper frame ties. all I can find is the mm full length frame ties. where do I find the uppers?

DOH!! nevermind, I found them at griggs racing. the have a complete kit. So I'm gonna get it ordered up.
I'm thinking if going with the world challenge kit. What are your thoughts on it, before I do?

Last edited by dr.apex; 02-16-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The installation of the upper SFC's is quite the undertaking

The ENTIRE carpet, seats (both front rear bench) all need to come out. The interior walls all need protection from sparks. The dash needs to be covered and all while the frame is held in the perfect position so the doors close properly.

Jazzer
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

The installation of the upper SFC's is quite the undertaking

The ENTIRE carpet, seats (both front rear bench) all need to come out. The interior walls all need protection from sparks. The dash needs to be covered and all while the frame is held in the perfect position so the doors close properly.

Jazzer
I won't be doing the install. I just don't have the rsourses or tools to do this. I plan on having a local speed shop do it as well as the roll cage all in one shot. No sense in ripping out the interior twice.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Agreed

You will be VERY happy in the corners as a result of all you plans here.

Jazzer

PS. I am curious how "neccessary" the uppers will be since you are doing a full cage. I recommend you contact Griggs and ask them when you are ordering your parts. You may be able to save some money and not spend on the uppers.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Agreed

You will be VERY happy in the corners as a result of all you plans here.

Jazzer

PS. I am curious how "neccessary" the uppers will be since you are doing a full cage. I recommend you contact Griggs and ask them when you are ordering your parts. You may be able to save some money and not spend on the uppers.
to be honest, I'm still up in the air as to whether I'm going with a full cage or just a six point. I know, for safety sake, it's better to have a full cage. Asthetically, a full cage with the top down on cruise nights looks hilarious in my head.
You did bring up a good point about the upper. If i dont go full cage, I'll definatley have it put in.
I plan on calling Griggs tomorrow, I'll post up what they say.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

I would not drive a car with a cage on the street. Would you want to hit your head against that metal piping? You don't wear a helmet on the street.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmac72187
I would not drive a car with a cage on the street. Would you want to hit your head against that metal piping? You don't wear a helmet on the street.
hitting my head on a padded leatherwraped roll cage is the least of my worries, in an accident.
Like previously stated several times, the only street time this car will see is to the occasional cruise night or route to the track.
Do you have wear a helmet on the street in preparation for a driver side impact in your daily driver? Probably not.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Originally Posted by dr.apex
hitting my head on a padded leatherwraped roll cage is the least of my worries, in an accident.
Like previously stated several times, the only street time this car will see is to the occasional cruise night or route to the track.
Do you have wear a helmet on the street in preparation for a driver side impact in your daily driver? Probably not.
Do whatever you want.

Quick Reply: AutoX / RoadRace Suspension