4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Taking out my A/C

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 AM
tonycarlson

Man, WTF is up! He didn't ask what everyone thought of a/c deletes. Isn't the point of the forums to ask questions and we help each other out by answering the questions? Instead, it's like all the old ladies come out of nowhere and b!tch about what he's doing. Whether it's a good idea or not depends on what he's doing with it and what he wants it to be. Mine isn't a daily driver. I'm turning into show/race car and I've taken 260lbs out of it so far. So, OP if you've done rear upper and lower control arms it's no problem to take out the quadshocks, the rear seat delete is definitely a good one, if you're not concerned with taking wicked fast corners you can lose the front sway bar, strip the trunk, lose the spare tire and jack, and, umm, maybe the little black boxes behind the rear tires. So, anyway, the FRPP delete pulley is so damn cheap it wasn't really worth trying to reroute the belt for me, but there may be a way to make it work. I'm not going to try until I switch to a KB blower and delete the power steering pump. Have fun!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tonycarlson
Man, WTF is up! He didn't ask what everyone thought of a/c deletes. Isn't the point of the forums to ask questions and we help each other out by answering the questions? Instead, it's like all the old ladies come out of nowhere and b!tch about what he's doing. Whether it's a good idea or not depends on what he's doing with it and what he wants it to be. Mine isn't a daily driver. I'm turning into show/race car and I've taken 260lbs out of it so far. So, OP if you've done rear upper and lower control arms it's no problem to take out the quadshocks, the rear seat delete is definitely a good one, if you're not concerned with taking wicked fast corners you can lose the front sway bar, strip the trunk, lose the spare tire and jack, and, umm, maybe the little black boxes behind the rear tires. So, anyway, the FRPP delete pulley is so damn cheap it wasn't really worth trying to reroute the belt for me, but there may be a way to make it work. I'm not going to try until I switch to a KB blower and delete the power steering pump. Have fun!

LMAO!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Id did the AC delete on my car just to free up some room and clean the engine bay, I wouldnt worry about resale value just dont throw anything away and u can always put it back on and refill it with autzone refrigerant if u ever plan to sell. As far as the shorter belt the best route would be to get the ac delete pulley from ford racing incase you ever plan on supercharging so you do not increase the chance of belt slippage.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
tonycarlson

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Id did the AC delete on my car just to free up some room and clean the engine bay, I wouldnt worry about resale value just dont throw anything away and u can always put it back on and refill it with autzone refrigerant if u ever plan to sell. As far as the shorter belt the best route would be to get the ac delete pulley from ford racing incase you ever plan on supercharging so you do not increase the chance of belt slippage.
Yeah, the a/c delete really helps to open things up. The other ones that don't really help with shedding weight, but are great for appearance and more room in the engine bay are deleting the pcv system and going with a breather can setup and removing the coolant reservoir and doing a can for that also. Oh, and deleting the EGR system. Those mods clean everything up so nice and make so much room. Plus, those pretty much all have other added benefits. I have to put up new pictures once I polish up the engine bay.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

yea i plan on supercharging it when i get off deployment at the end of this summer. Whats an EGR system exactly. I think i know what you mean, but wanna be sure.

BTW LMAO, well said tony haha.

Well I want to be able to take it to the road course too, so messing with corner ability is a no go.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangManiac67
yea i plan on supercharging it when i get off deployment at the end of this summer. Whats an EGR system exactly. I think i know what you mean, but wanna be sure.

BTW LMAO, well said tony haha.

Well I want to be able to take it to the road course too, so messing with corner ability is a no go.
if you plan on hittin the twisties, I highly recommend either Maximum Motorsports grip box kits, or if you can flip the coin, as I am with mine, go with a Griggs Racing GR40 roadracing suspension kit. I am still waiting for mine to come in, but from what I've heard and seen on youtube, you'll be able to kill anything (just about) on the track.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 AM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

egr recycles your gas fumes til there fully exhausted and unusable, but ur mpg will drop too if you remove it
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

i say do it, i never use my A/C in my cars, i need to get a delete for mine
Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

yea hey boduke its only 50 bucks on americanmuscle and for the egr response thanks i was pretty much right as to what i thought, i just cant remember what it stands for and as for the suspension upgrade opinions ill look into them and thanks. otherwise thanks fellas...even the old ladies that come out of nowhere to b!tch lol
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 PM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5pointslow91
egr recycles your gas fumes til there fully exhausted and unusable, but ur mpg will drop too if you remove it
just a question, don't take it the wrong way. Why would anyone want to take beneficial things off the car such as egr?

Quick Reply: Taking out my A/C