4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

eibach pro install, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 AM
5.flow
2nd Gear Member

Default eibach pro install, please help

guys I just installed the 99-04 vert eibach pro kit on my 02 gt. After the install, everything looks stock, not really a drop at all. I'm looking at about 3.5 in the front and 4 in the rear? I should mention that i put all new isos in, maybe i should take them out. Have any of you guys installed these? I know some people say they settle over time but i would think they would look at least lowered a day after the install. What were your final drop measurements? I can fit my whole freakin hand between the tire and fender, this is freakin retarted haha.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

The most drop from the pro kit would be 1.7" front 2" rear. Is it just the front, rear, or both that isnt settling right? What isolators did you use? Removing the isolators should only be good for maybe 1/4-1/2" more so theres something else going on if it hasent dropped.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:22 AM
02dkbluegt
1st Gear Member

Are you sure the springs are seated in the cups correctly?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
5.flow
2nd Gear Member

the brand for the isos is prothane and i was pretty sure they seated correctly. At the end of the cup of the control arm i have a small gab about a 1/2 inch between the end of the cup and the end of the spring. Can this cause this much of a problem? Also the back isnt really dropped either, they currently have about 4 inches between the tires. I have no idea whats going on haha. I think I'm gonna open everything back up, remove the isos and see what happens.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

I used comp engineering on mine, I dont know how thick the prothane ones are. The gap could very well be an issue lol. Take it down, double check everything seated correctly and lined up, and try it again. I would leave the iso's in, but its your call in the end.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:59 PM
99slwbra

also, give the springs a week or so to settle out
Old 03-21-2010, 01:47 AM
slammedEG
1st Gear Member

did you make sure the pig tails were facing the correct direction? use this if you redo it:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm
Old 03-21-2010, 12:25 PM
5.flow
2nd Gear Member

So I pulled the isos out and put the springs back in making sure to have everything in proper position. I think my problem was a combo of the springs not seated correctly/isos not seated correctly and/or not having the springs in exactly the right positioning.

While I don't like the idea of not having the isos installed, I have not noticed any particular decline in ride quality or squeaking or any other type of noises. I'm pretty happy with the drop now, Its not like I wanted a slammed to the ground " i cut my honda civic springs look" hahaha. The first picture is the stock wheel height when I bought the car in 2007. The second through fourth is the drop from the Eibach pro kit for the 99-04 v8 vert. For some reason its hard to find pix of the pro kit installed on a vert so I think this might be good for people who are on the fence about the drop height.

Like I said this drop is with the isos removed and no other suspension mods done but I will be adding cc plates when I buy some Roush wheels. So how do you guys think she looks?
Attached Thumbnails eibach pro install, please help-pix-from-flash-drive-009.jpg   eibach pro install, please help-pix-from-flash-drive-039.jpg   eibach pro install, please help-pix-from-flash-drive-042.jpg   eibach pro install, please help-pix-from-flash-drive-041.jpg  

Last edited by 5.flow; 03-21-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

looks about the same as my M-5300's nice job though
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
bill_w
1st Gear Member

Had same issues when I installed in my 03 vert.. I actually think the rear was up a bit taller than stock after i installed. After a few hundred miles of driving, I believe they are now as settled as they are going to get. I believe no more than 1/2" drop all the way around now.. Not quite what I expected but think I wouldn't like any lower... exhaust scrapes end of driveway now as it is... I also did install new iso's ..

Hoping in near future to get some 18's to fill the wells a bit better...

note.. pic below is stock height

Quick Reply: eibach pro install, please help