4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

glad to hear you guys are bringing back those tech certified banners. i don't think i've seen one of those since the board overhaul.

i also highly agree that cliffy should get it (how could you not?). congrats cliff!!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I also liked seeing the contributor tags... We should bring them back... One for contributors for small stuff or always helping out, and one for people like jazzer, cliffy, and people with that vast knowledge that noobie members and others can see so they know who the bosses are ahhaha
Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
I also liked seeing the contributor tags... We should bring them back... One for contributors for small stuff or always helping out, and one for people like jazzer, cliffy, and people with that vast knowledge that noobie members and others can see so they know who the bosses are ahhaha
+1

i forgot about those! lol

i used to have one.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

I hope nothing happens like it does on some Dakota forums like my brother is on for his R/T. I guess they give eachother "rep" points. If someone helps you or you like something someone did, you can chose to give them these rep points.

I think it has become a retarted competition to get the highest number lol. Kinda like kids dumping candy out on the table and counting it after Halloween then saying "Naa Naa I have more than youuuuu"

But I like the idea of the banners. Just to give people an idea who to go to/listen to lol. But I wonder if Cliff/Jazzer would get annoyed because then people may PM them directly for every little thing and may not come around as much?? Just a thought. Maybe they like being able to "lay low" and go unrecognized and choose when to throw in info and not EXPECTED to since they have the recognition banner.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I hope nothing happens like it does on some Dakota forums like my brother is on for his R/T. I guess they give eachother "rep" points. If someone helps you or you like something someone did, you can chose to give them these rep points.

I think it has become a retarted competition to get the highest number lol. Kinda like kids dumping candy out on the table and counting it after Halloween then saying "Naa Naa I have more than youuuuu"

But I like the idea of the banners. Just to give people an idea who to go to/listen to lol. But I wonder if Cliff/Jazzer would get annoyed because then people may PM them directly for every little thing and may not come around as much?? Just a thought. Maybe they like being able to "lay low" and go unrecognized and choose when to throw in info and not EXPECTED to since they have the recognition banner.
the mods dished them out to a very select few that have proven themselves time after time. the members in the forums didnt have much to do with it IIRC. to be honest i can only remember 3 people total with them. then again i used to only frequent the 5.0 section.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Ahhh I got ya. I would see it stupid to be opened to every person on here...If it's just up to the mods then that would be cool.

Carry on!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Ahhh I got ya. I would see it stupid to be opened to every person on here...If it's just up to the mods then that would be cool.

Carry on!
Yep, gonna be up to the Mods but if a member is making some major contributions unnoticed never hurts to send us a PM
Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I would like to thank each and every one here for this honor--the funny part is that I had not been following this thread as I don't like mysteries, I think that has been what has motivated me throughout my life--banging my head into things until the mystery goes away.

I just now noticed that the thread was getting long so I popped in to see what the hot topic was--again thank you all for your support and kind words!

-cliff-
Old 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Excellent stuff from my pepes

It was indeed conceived with the idea that The Smittster has mentioned and to give a good indication of who not only is helpful, but seen as a trustworthy source for information. This will be especially advantageous for those that are new to the site/section and get competing information on a question. That doesn't mean that the TECH SAVANT is "right", but rather such a person has the respect of the Mods and proved him/herself a positive contributer to the forums and worthy of reading.

This is well deserved by Cliff and expect nothing less from his future posts.

Jazzer gives contrats to cliffyK

PS: As for those kind words about me, I am flattered (really) This is nice to hear, but have, on purpose, written the rules for the TECH SAVANT in such a way as to more or less remove mods from consideration.

Besides.... do you really want to see The Jazzer get all phat headed?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Congratz Cliffy