4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dealer Service Dept

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
NoGoSlo

Default Dealer Service Dept

Do most Ford dealership service departments suck?????? I dropped my car off on Monday to have a new pinion seal and driveshaft seal put on and now its Thursday and its still not finished. They'e had the parts since Tuesday and my car is still in pieces waiting to be finished. Ive been stuck all week with no car and they wont even give me a loaner. Do you have to take the car to the dealer you but the warrant from or next time can I try a different dealership?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Service Dept

Not most. All of them do!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:20 PM
NoGoSlo

Well after the phone call I just had with the service manager it seems ford needs about 10 times the amount of time to do my repairs as any other mechanic in the area. Now they say It may be done tomorrow but most likely not until monday. WTF? how long can it take to put 2 seals on? They took it apart in 3 hours so shouldnt they be able to put it back in about the same?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NoGoSlo

Well after the phone call I just had with the service manager it seems ford needs about 10 times the amount of time to do my repairs as any other mechanic in the area. Now they say It may be done tomorrow but most likely not until monday. WTF? how long can it take to put 2 seals on? They took it apart in 3 hours so shouldnt they be able to put it back in about the same?
You would think so. That's kind of ****ty not to give you a loaner especially since they are taking longer than they should.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:44 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

i dropped off my car to get headers put on monday morning before work and just got it back last night, with the a/c broken.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

All of these seem excessive!The dealer I use got my car in to install headers at nine in the morning.At three in the afternoon I was told that I could come down and get my car.When I arrived there were four mechanics under my car finishing up.The bill wasn't cheap,$620,but it was finished.In the others dealer's defense,my dealer's service dept.wasn't busy that day.I asked about a loaner car but there were none available on such short (16 hours) notice.Of course this was not warranty work but when I have had warranty work done I was given a loaner car.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:15 AM
NoGoSlo

ORIGINAL: Chopper

All of these seem excessive!The dealer I use got my car in to install headers at nine in the morning.At three in the afternoon I was told that I could come down and get my car.When I arrived there were four mechanics under my car finishing up.The bill wasn't cheap,$620,but it was finished.In the others dealer's defense,my dealer's service dept.wasn't busy that day.I asked about a loaner car but there were none available on such short (16 hours) notice.Of course this was not warranty work but when I have had warranty work done I was given a loaner car.
I actually thought when I bought the warranty that it included a loaner car but apparantly I was wrong. Well its Friday and once again Ill be patiently (sorta) waiting by the phone to here whats going on with my car. The sad thing is its not even the fact that I am without a car right now thats buggin me its the fact that I miss mine and Im having withdrawels from it
Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 PM
NoGoSlo

Well dealer called about an hour ago and Ive got my car back. Because of how long it took they waived my deductable and put on the upgraded diff cover at no extra charge. Works for me
Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

$620 for header install? Can you spell P-O-R-K-E-D? Seems a bit steep to me since a complete rearend gear change with new seals, fluid, etc. is only $200 to $350 for labor and it takes alot of expertise to install properly. Your headers couldn't have been long tubes either, right? Must have been shorties. I don't believe any dealer would allow their mechanics to install long tube headers as they compromise the emissions system which shorties do not. Ford even sells Ford Racing shorties themselves. Still, come on, $620 for a header install? Someone else please chime in on this one.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

you guys get work done at the dealer wtf?
wish i had money to throw away

Quick Reply: Dealer Service Dept