lowering springs - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

lowering springs

Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
psuhurdler

Default lowering springs

Lowering springs
How hard is it to install lowering springs can I do it by myself or do I need special equipment I have a lift so that’s no a problem and any help would be great
Old 08-15-2005, 09:41 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: lowering springs

You can do it by yourself with the help of a friend. They are easy. All you need is the basic tools and a crowbar to get the old ones out. Make sure you take notice to the position the old ones are in hen they come out because thats how you want the new ones to go in. Other than that, its as easy as pie.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:44 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

it depends on how mechanically inclinded you are.. i did mine with a floor jack, full set of air tools, and thats about it.. it took about 4 hours to do which isnt bad considering i took my time.. you can go rent a spring compressor from autozone and they will give you all your money back when your done and return it.. mine sat in my car and never seen the spring.. some people will say you need it though.. you can do it yourself just take you time and do it right..

oh yeah like jdaniel said a crowbar helps get the spring out or a foot.. lol...
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, I never used a spring compressor either. Just use the weight of the car to compress it.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Yeah, I never used a spring compressor either. Just use the weight of the car to compress it.

Ditto. Here’s the instructions that I used: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm

Took me bout 2 hrs. Only tools you need are regular socket set, jack stands, and a floor jack, all of which can be purchased for less than the cost you’d pay some jack-*** at the shop to install em. And you don’t need spring compressors, trust me. I borrowed a set and the never left the trunk. Don’t fret - This install is a breeze…..
Old 08-15-2005, 11:38 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

What springs do you recommend getting if I am looking for a 2' drop and what shocks would be good too? Do they make lowering kits with everything you need?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:06 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastsilverstang

What springs do you recommend getting if I am looking for a 2' drop and what shocks would be good too? Do they make lowering kits with everything you need?
I just did the Eibach Pro Kit ($230 shipped from: http://optionimports.com/3510-14a.html) and did not replace the shocks (but probably will anyway here before long). The Pro-Kit gives a nice drop without slamming it. I still occasionally scrape my X-pipe on tall speed bumps and whatnot, so if avoidable and a daily-driver, I would not recommend going much lower than that.

Good luck!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

https://mustangforums.com/m_658559/tm.htm for any other questions you might have.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: josh_0351

ORIGINAL: fastsilverstang

I just did the Eibach Pro Kit ($230 shipped from: http://optionimports.com/3510-14a.html) and did not replace the shocks (but probably will anyway here before long). The Pro-Kit gives a nice drop without slamming it. I still occasionally scrape my X-pipe on tall speed bumps and whatnot, so if avoidable and a daily-driver, I would not recommend going much lower than that.

Good luck!
how much of a drop do you have?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:40 PM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

if you want a 2 inch drop dont go with the eibach pro kit it is a 1.5 inch drop. the h and r sportline kit is a 2 inch drop and is rated the same as the eibachs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lowering springs

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.