4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

4.6 engine Build (money no object)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.6 engine Build (money no object)

I know you said you didnt want a new block but check out this site www.dssracing.com. For $5000 you can get some pretty nice forged long blocks. Thsy also have stroker kits. Just an idea.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

naw dont do D.S.S. nothin wrong with them.

yeah thats a greast deal i think you have to bore your block .20 over though. i would do that
Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

y would i need to bore it if it is for a 4.6?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:39 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

cuz the pistons are overbore they say
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: David_K

there the best. edelbrock is supposed to be making a 4.6 head but you never know
David_K, you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING, Patriot=the best heads. There is no way, get out of your dream world. Go to www.modulardepot.com or www.modularpowerhouse.com where there are ALOT of heavy hitters. Do a search on Patriot heads and read for yourself from people that have had them, then you decide. The best heads out there are VT, Fox Lake Racing and MPH (Modular Powerhouse), period.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:51 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: DVS99GT

y would i need to bore it if it is for a 4.6?
You want to bore it at least .020 over to clean up the cylinder walls.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:02 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Here would be my suggestion for your motor.

*Forged, balanced pistons, rods and crank.
*Lightning MAF
*42lb injectors
*Reichard Racing intake
*Buy a set of heads with a nice set of blower cams and beehive springs. After you pay to have your heads checked, ported, polished etc and have cams installed, you can pay for a new set turn key.
*7 qt oil pan with baffle
*Dual Focus SVT fuel pumps
*If you don't already have one...Power Pipe
*Vortech mini race bypass valve
*Long tube headers
*A good tune
*Spec, McLeod or Hayes clutch
*Aftermarket Flywheel

I just got home a few minutes ago and had a long day, but I will add to list as I think of items.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:13 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

there the best. edelbrock is supposed to be making a 4.6 head but you never know
David_K, you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING, Patriot=the best heads. There is no way, get out of your dream world. Go to www.modulardepot.com or www.modularpowerhouse.com where there are ALOT of heavy hitters. Do a search on Patriot heads and read for yourself from people that have had them, then you decide. The best heads out there are VT, Fox Lake Racing and MPH (Modular Powerhouse), period.
your the first person ive heard negatice **** from. for 1400 you cant go wrong. VT are what 2000. fox lake does make good **** but i havent seen the flow numbers. i knew MPH made heads never heard anything about them. jim says he has put on patriot heads and seen great gains from them. i know you dont put **** in what jim says but untill i find another tuner his word is good. even if we do hate each others guts. i think he just makes up **** cuz he knows ill pay him
Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: code3GT

your the first person ive heard negatice **** from. for 1400 you cant go wrong. VT are what 2000. fox lake does make good **** but i havent seen the flow numbers. i knew MPH made heads never heard anything about them
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/for...earchid=262676

http://forums.modulardepot.com/searc...der=descending
Old 08-19-2005, 12:24 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

**** that. i dont want to search for info. i just regurgetate what i hear/read. sometimes im wrong and then im corrected and i learn something. you have to keep in mind he has a budget. 1400 with springs is a pretty good deal. do the other heads come fully assembled and what are the prices on them. i might ditch these teardropped D46 heads if i can find some really good ones. which heads is your wife running? if shes makein 400+ on 14 psi those heads flow pretty good

Quick Reply: 4.6 engine Build (money no object)