4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

egr delete and starting car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:48 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

Default egr delete and starting car?

i have put the delete on and junked all the other crap that goes with it. will starting the car have any effect. i have to get it tuned for the check engine light i know that but is that the only thing that will be effected until i get to the tune shop. i wanna get my new trans put in and from there will have to drive the car onto the trailer but i dont wanna mess anything up.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Yea it'll be fine

You ever get those top 2 trans bolts out?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

lol those top 2 trans bolts are a BITCH! i couldnt get them out with the motor in the car like i had planned, even tried crows feet, all sorts of swivels, 24" custom made breaker by by welding on an old useless box wrench (which bent)

pulled both trans and engine together, used impact. still failed... then i busted out the torch and heated up the surrounding area for about 5 minutes. impact, and win, finally came out. lol.

what headers are you using? how are you planning on blocking the EGR down there if you havent already? other than having the EGR blocked off down there, there shouldnt be any problem. i have pulled the vacuum tube off mine before with no effect at all.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

no i havent gotten the 2 top bolts out. they are p***ing me off. im running hooker super comp headers. im a welder for a living and i was plaing on welding a cap on to eliminate the hole in the headers.

debating whether to pull the motor this weekend or next weekend now. ive got a 1 month old daughter so i have to consult the wife as to when i can work on the car lol
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

ah ok, yea welding up my crap stock headers egr port is on my list of things to do.
but most of the work i need to do has to wait until my motor is built.
wish i could weld for crap though. lol.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Can i see a pic of your motor w/ all that deleted. I want to know what i can get rid of too!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Idk how you guys have these issues with the top 2 trans bolts. I've always been able to get them out. Hell I worked on a 91 cherokee last week i did a clutch in and even those bolts zipped right out, and thats using a 3/8s impact and like a 3ft extension. I have a 2 1/2 ft 1/2" extension with a locking 3/8s end and a swivel socket I got just for bellhousing bolts. Impact them right out
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

My problem is I can't get the socket in there. there isn't enough space to straighten the socket onto the bolt. I've loosened the motor mounts. Completely taken the jack off the oil pan and let it hang free and it still doesn't hang down enough.

And ill take pics of the motor later on today. Right now I'm on my phone at work
Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

sorry i havent posted the pics yet. my wife has our camera in her purse and she is at her dads showing off the baby.

on another note...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOO i got the trans out.

i didnt want whitefox making me look like a chump so i screwed around under the car til i finally got the trans to drop.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
SNOW

Hey Grogan, you getting your car ready for Bradenton 1st weekend in March?

Quick Reply: egr delete and starting car?