4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
KillJoy
3rd Gear Member

Lol not sure if troll thread is srs
Old 03-01-2011, 12:18 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k
Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 AM
00gtbk
1st Gear Member

^ LOL

But from what ive read on here. they all will tell you 75 shot is safe on stock bottom

Last edited by 00gtbk; 03-01-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

If it's for the strip only i'd run a 100-125 shot with a a good tune, and call it a day. The kit from AM is fine, although i prefer NX and NOS personally. Some other things you might want to consider are a good bottle heater, nitrous pressure gauge, and a window switch. Don't forget to change the plugs too.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

100 wet shot. stock tune, 93 octane, tr6 plugs gapped a .030. give her hell
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
madmike90
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
100 wet shot. stock tune, 93 octane, tr6 plugs gapped a .030. give her hell
thank you sir, just the information i was looking for.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Personally I'd get a tune with nitrous, but like said you can get away without it on a smaller shot. As far as shot size, I've seen plenty of people run 125 on a stock bottom end, I believe we have someone on here running a 150 shot but I wouldn't recommend it. Bolton's by themselves aren't a big payoff, a full bolton car will probably gain about 30hp over stock. But those boltons are going to shine more when you do bigger mods like a blower, turbo, nitrous, HCI, whatever you decide.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

OP the Mustang community is a purist culture with some certain unspoken rules. We maintain this with such blunt(puff) honesty in order to make sure retarded ideas don't get spread or accepted within the community. Theres a reason Ford has released a stang every single year since 1964. There is a reason Mustangs are king in the world of affordable, reliable performance.

With that being said.....I would suggest changing your side skirts and rear bumper back to stock until you decide if/what other exterior parts you want to use. The particular style of parts you have chosen tend to come off as cheap, tacky and overdone. They don't really represent the look of a muscle car and also make your car appear much faster than it is. These are a few of the top no-nos in the mustang community. Like it or leave it. Theres a lot of exterior parts to choose from that do not cater to a "ricer" look and make your car look awesome. You might want to consider Roush body parts. They arent cheap but t costs to be the boss and going cheap doesn't make a good Mustang.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Do whatever YOU want to do with YOUR car!
If you like the body mods, keep them.

I am looking into nitrous kits as well, so I know where you are coming from. I would seriously consider a ZEX wet kit for my car. The plate kits for the GTs won't work on my Bullitt intake, plus I like the simple plug and play configuration of the ZEX kit. Personally, I wouldn't run spray without a custom tune for it, but that is just me wanting to be EXTRA careful. I can't afford to damage my DD. If the tune is good, I believe that spray upto ~380rwhp would be pretty safe. Beyond that you begin to encroach upon the limits of the bottom end. At what point you would see a problem... I don't know if anyone can say specifically, but the stresses on the bottom end begin to approach their limits. The torque gains with nitrous are a fair amount greater than the HP gains because the car makes a lot more power at much lower rpms than before, so 380rwhp with spray is a little different than 380rwhp with boost.

A window switch might be another real good investment so you can eliminate the risk of hitting the rev limiter with spray engaged (NOT a good situation). Greater consistency will be had if you also add a bottle heater and a purge kit (a gauge is needed to monitor bottle pressure). For safety, you should install a blowdown kit. As mentioned, drop down one heat range in plugs and guys seem to agree that gapping around .035 is good.

I also plan to ONLY use spray at the track.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Theres a lot of exterior parts to choose from that do not cater to a "ricer" look and make your car look awesome. You might want to consider Roush body parts..
lol, I couldn't agree more.. If you're going to put some type of body kit on a stang atleast go with a saleen or roush look. This reminds me of a V6 mustang trying to compete against his honda buddies.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Set Up