4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Whats the most boost you would run with non cooled supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Pipe down squirt, I own and drive a KB 2.1L GT everyday. I installed every single bolt, nut and washer of all of my mods onto my car. I am speaking FACT here, you arent. Go and datalog 3-5 WOT highway pulls and then post your datalog file here, you wont. By the 3rd pull your engine will be pulling timing and your power will be diminished. There is a reason they put an intercooler and forged internals on the 03 Cobra, and it aint cuz they wanted customer to pay for useless stuff. You need to
"Squirt"? Are we in third grade now?

So then, NO you don't have or work with non intercooled PD blowers. (I forgot to ad the non intercooled part in my previous post.)

As the guy who designed/tested and started making the set up to use the M112 on the V6, I've done years of work. And everyone who whines "It needs an IC" has been proven wrong. IATs post blower do not rise enough to cause heat soak power loss. I've open tracked the car for countless hours. Many of my customers have done the same thing. Same on the street driven set ups I've built and sold. NONE have shown heat soak issues. The only people who cry wolf about heat soak are people who have never run the cars that way. I run three non intercooled Eaton set ups (M90 on a 4.0L SOHC @6 psi, M112 on a pushrod 3.8L/4.2L from 10 to 18 psi and M112 on a 4.6L SOHC @ 6 and 9psi).

Oh, and your roots vs twin screw is worded a bit incorrectly. Both compress air into the case/intake. TS just has more twist in the helix to make it more move more air per turn - on turn making it the more efficient style.

Last edited by LilRoush; 03-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Datalog your car doing WOT pulls on the highway and post the file. Prove it.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Or how about not do WOT pulls on the highway like an idiot.

What will posting a sheet prove? The first thing you'll say is that it's fake.

How about you talk about your time working with non intercooled set ups. Or you post a datalog of a non intercooled PD blower set up to prove your point that they are rumored to suffer power loss from heat soak.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Or how about not do WOT pulls on the highway like an idiot.

What will posting a sheet prove? The first thing you'll say is that it's fake.

How about you talk about your time working with non intercooled set ups. Or you post a datalog of a non intercooled PD blower set up to prove your point that they are rumored to suffer power loss from heat soak.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

There are ways of validating the datalog file. You would know that if you had any experience with tuning engines or understanding engine dynamics/parameters. I dont have a freakin non IC setup, you do. Datalog your car and back up your claims. You're living in a dream world.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Thanks for proving my point - by that I mean not being able to prove yours at all.
And there is no way to prove a car is running a non intercooled blower set up based on the datalog. Anything can be faked these days. ANYTHING. I've delt with hundred of know it alls like you.... most telling me that things don't work when they've never tried.

Back to the topic at hand.....
Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Yeah lets do that hotshot. OP Don't run any more than 6 PSI on an non IC PD setup in my awfully wrong "opinion."
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Yeah lets do that hotshot. OP Don't run any more than 6 PSI on an non IC PD setup in my awfully wrong "opinion."
with his pricerange im thinking he's looking at a centri non ic.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
with his pricerange im thinking he's looking at a centri non ic.

Yep, thats what i'm thinking too. And a non IC Centri is a lot better setup than PD. Go for it OP.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I'm 100% with Hangwire on this one! Let me give you an example: My buddy has a 2001 Cobra with a basic HCI package, and a non intercolled Kenne Bell running around 9 psi. When the weather is cool he can beat me on the juice pretty dang good. On warmer days it's a drivers race. It makes that big of a difference.

Also our local tuner (who's done countless different blower setups) has said on several occasions that any non intercooled positive displacement blower will noticeably suffer on warm summer days. He even states that you will notice it with the centrifugals, but not to the same degree.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

On warmer days, NOT after running it longer/harder. ALL cars will loose power on warmer days. That's racing 101.

You guys crack me up.

Quick Reply: Whats the most boost you would run with non cooled supercharger?