4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

4.6L SOHC powered MKIV Supra? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
ZeroTX
2nd Gear Member

It would not be a worthwhile swap. It would also disable your convertible GT. Why not sell the convertible GT and use the money for a new Supra engine and have one good car that's not cobbled together with zip-ties?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
AaronD

Originally Posted by BraMas
You want to take a running car pull the motor and swap it into something that is going to be a nightmare to make reliable because it sounds like you are trying to be cheap. If you say mechanics cant figure out what is wrong with your Supra that tells me you don't work on your own stuff so how the hell are you going to figure out how to swap a 4.6 into the Supra.
If you don't like the Mustang sell it and buy a replacement motor or the 2jz-kljkjlijjkgffklsuiorekjo engine (or what ever the F the supra engine is). Or even sell the Mustang and put a carbed V8 in it
Yes, I'm not trying to be cheap.. i'm being realistic. Everyone can say go buy a 4.6L DOHC or a 2JZ-GTE motor.. but I do not have $3,XXX.XX to buy the engines. I can do the swap.. should be gutting the Supra and Mustang.. label every wire coming out of anything. Attach it all back into the Supra. Make the engine mounts, fab up the driveshaft so it will bolt up to the Supra rear-end. I'll have to figure out how to make the ignition work.. either keyless push button start or some other method.. that's probably were a lot of the money will be going. and then making the interior look presentable.

Originally Posted by massred98gt
jesus you guys are brutal!!! lol the kid just asked for some advice not criticism. Sry i can't add much to the topic, but this can't be an easy job. the easiest thing should be fabin up the motor mounts and such lol. cool idea though. if you actually figure out how to do the swap it will be the sickest soundin supra ever!!!!
That's what i thought.. but everyone wants to critique. I'm sure people hated Christopher Columbus and his idea to find another chunk of land in a huge body of water.. but he found America damnit!

Originally Posted by ZeroTX
It would not be a worthwhile swap. It would also disable your convertible GT. Why not sell the convertible GT and use the money for a new Supra engine and have one good car that's not cobbled together with zip-ties?
Because i owe on the GT.. i know, why do that and make a car i'm paying on disabled? Because i don't care.. I want to drive the Supra and it's my idea. I won't sell anything. And the job won't be thrown together.. The weakest part of the swap will be that it's with a 4.6L SOHC Engine.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
AaronD

oky well .. mustang motor stays in mustang.. ill rebuild the Supra motor then.. since i don't get advice from people.. i doubt i'll drive the stang again.. and i'll probably hate GTs from here on out lol. But it's cool..
Old 03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Cheap, Fast & Reliable. ..pick two
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
00gtbk
1st Gear Member

columbus didnt find america ) but that does not matter Lol. but yeah just sell the stang and buy the supra motor or w.e
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 00gtbk
columbus didnt find america ) but that does not matter Lol. but yeah just sell the stang and buy the supra motor or w.e
Wow... lol. Columbus wasnt even looking for a new "chunk of land" and actually died not knowing he was on a new Continent. in history Aaron
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AaronD
oky well .. mustang motor stays in mustang.. ill rebuild the Supra motor then.. since i don't get advice from people.. i doubt i'll drive the stang again.. and i'll probably hate GTs from here on out lol. But it's cool..
Your going to hate your car because a couple of Aholes (yes Im included) told you have a unpractical idea. I'll be honest I'm OK with that
I don't understand you not wanting to sell the Mustang?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
Your going to hate your car because a couple of Aholes (yes Im included) told you have a unpractical idea. I'll be honest I'm OK with that
I don't understand you not wanting to sell the Mustang?
It's probably a POS that he couldn't get much for. Although if a car drives down the road it's worth at least 500
Old 03-22-2011, 04:04 PM
v8.GT Stang
1st Gear Member

sell your stang ,, now you can afford the 2jz and more boost

Last edited by v8.GT Stang; 03-22-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:08 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

I HAS THINK THAT IDEA THIS IS BAD.

Quick Reply: 4.6L SOHC powered MKIV Supra? Thoughts?