4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Aftermarket
23.08%
Stock Port & Polish
76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket vs Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 03:46 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket vs Stock

Sick96Stang...where have you seen or heard reports of the warped hood. I am not really in the mood to scrap my hood if I don't have to. Maybe I could put some extra heat shielding material underneath?
Old 08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Mine fits, but I did have to remove the underhood mat as well as notching the support for my JLT cold air.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:04 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

You already have PI heads so port and polish them bishes. How much can you get it done for?

jdaniels room mate got it done for $350 supposedly. but thats w/o a valve job and i think all those aftermarket heads include a valve job
Old 08-29-2005, 05:23 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Mine fits, but I did have to remove the underhood mat as well as notching the support for my JLT cold air.
You've not had any problems w/warping, or anything?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

Sick96Stang...where have you seen or heard reports of the warped hood. I am not really in the mood to scrap my hood if I don't have to. Maybe I could put some extra heat shielding material underneath?
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...&highlight=P51

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...&highlight=P51

IDK if it for sure doesnt fit but its close I know that much and apparently did not fit for this guy.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Could you PM me those pics on that one thread? I'm not a member of StangNet, & want to see them. Thanks for the heads up, so I am not going into this as blind as I was unware of.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

Could you PM me those pics on that one thread? I'm not a member of StangNet, & want to see them. Thanks for the heads up, so I am not going into this as blind as I was unware of.

If you could do the same for me also, as I am not a memeber either. I am also looking at getting the P-51 intake here in the next couple of months. I am just thinking about cutting my hood and making my hood scoop funtical (sp?) if I do that will that make enough room to clear the P-51 intake? thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

GSXR and diver here are the pics I hope they work if not I'll have to wait till I get home ro reshost them on photobucket.

Sorry they dont work, I'm at work right now when I get home I will save them and them put them up for you, then again I dont know if you want to listen to see since according to some of the people on the board *cough* JDaniel, Acer, nanaki *cough* I'm just some tool who has no idea what they are talking about.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

you love assuming. when did i ever say that? go back and run through that post with a fine tooth comb. you'll never see me saying that.

here's something to help you see better.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

you love assuming. when did i ever say that? go back and run through that post with a fine tooth comb. you'll never see me saying that.

here's something to help you see better.

You said numerous times that I have no idea what I am talking about and that I just regurgitate information and have no clue what I am talking about, Not sure if you used those exact words but things along the same general lines. BTW since that thread got closed I would love to see some time slips from you and acer so I can see how great of drivers you guys are. I think need you need to put on those glasses and go look back through the thread.

ANYWAY...... Diver and GSXR heres the pics, like I said I've heard that is just depends on high how your engine sits because I've also heard people have had no trouble with the P-51 while other people have had trouble. Looks like diver signed up for modulardepot.com now also I see, good choice.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket vs Stock