4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Does the flowmaster force II "drone"

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 PM
BlackGT_03

Default Does the flowmaster force II "drone"

I like the classic muscle car sound and was planning on getting BBK Longtubes, BBK high flow H-pipe, and most likely some Flowmasters. I keep hearing people say the American Thunder flows "drone" on the highway, but does the Force II "drone" also? And, is there any performance difference between the two?

Another Cat-back I was considering was the magnaflow, but it sounds a lil too "importish" on the sound clips.

Any info is appreciated.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
jkm1987
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Does the flowmaster force II "drone"

the regular forty series drone somethign awful so did the 80 series on my old camaro i think its just a flowmaster thing
Old 08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

YEAH their terrible....I would go with some magnaflow's or SLP....forget drownmaster's
Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackGT_03

I like the classic muscle car sound and was planning on getting BBK Longtubes, BBK high flow H-pipe, and most likely some Flowmasters. I keep hearing people say the American Thunder flows "drone" on the highway, but does the Force II "drone" also? And, is there any performance difference between the two?

Another Cat-back I was considering was the magnaflow, but it sounds a lil too "importish" on the sound clips.

Any info is appreciated.
Trust me, there is absolutly nothing "importish" about the sound of a magnaflow system.

BTW, get a X pipe on a 4.6, not an H. The x will make more power than the H, and the sound really isnt THAT much different.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:27 PM
jwang

I had a shop weld in 40 series Deltas and they lasted for one day. Took it out on the freeway and my head was pounding after a half hour!!

The next day I went back and had the shop put in the 50 series deltas and life has been much more pleasant. The Flow sound but 10 times less drone. I really love that muscle car sound. I've heard some stangs with the magnaflows and its just not my cup of tea. To each his own i guess...
Old 08-30-2005, 11:47 PM
FWP!
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Any info is appreciated.
Trust me, there is absolutly nothing "importish" about the sound of a magnaflow system.

BTW, get a X pipe on a 4.6, not an H. The x will make more power than the H, and the sound really isnt THAT much different.

I have a Magnaflow cat-back and I think it sounds incredible *shrug*
Old 08-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Blk_96_GT
2nd Gear Member

what is "Drone" what does it sound like i have Flowmasters and i am curious.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:55 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FWP!

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Any info is appreciated.

I have a Magnaflow cat-back and I think it sounds incredible *shrug*
?

Thats what I said. Well, acutally I said there is nothing "importish" about the sound of magnaflows. Sounding "importish" is bad
Old 08-31-2005, 03:24 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

yea ive got flows too and my highway cruising isnt anything unbearable, theres a little hum to it but thats what you get with exhaust, bought my car used so im not sure what series they are, but i love the way they sound and would never change them
Old 08-31-2005, 03:43 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Blk_96_GT

what is "Drone" what does it sound like i have Flowmasters and i am curious.

"drone" usually occurs at 2K RPM. it's a weird almost vibrating type of sound....sorta like a big pipe organ. It seems to happen with all chambered mufflers. Some are more obvious than others.

That is the very reason that I have magnaflows on my car with the magnaflow catted X pipe. I can guarantee that it sounds nothing like an import. I get lots of compliments on the sound. It's a little quiet at idle but when you get on it she just roars and sounds like it's breathing fire.

Quick Reply: Does the flowmaster force II "drone"