4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ebay Racing Seat help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Taciturn

Default Ebay Racing Seat help

Hey guys, I've been looking at racing seats on Ebay here for awhile now. And not the ones from private sellers, but the seats that various companies like Dream Team Motorsports and Top Bike World are selling. They are all Ebay Top Sellers, with 99 percent satisfaction ratings, but the seats are selling for around 300 or less per pair. The price has me iffy, it sounds way too low. And I want a second opinion from you guys. What are your guys' thoughts and/or experiences? Also, I have the light gray interior, if anyone has pictures of how black racing seats look with the gray interior I would appreciate it.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Im watching this post.
I saw a nice set of white seats with Cobra logos made by these co. you listed
Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

i have a set of otto-x reclinable race seats. very comfortable but not a lot of side support compared to corbeau and other high end seat. they look good but have only used them for 200 miles. no fading or rips this far. im changing out for the fx-1's or evo plus only because i need the extra side support for hard cornering
Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Taciturn

I was just gunning for some plain black ones myself, but those cobra were literally made for your car repzard. They're gonna look epic. But are those prices throwing up red flags for you too?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Taciturn

Thanks for the input school boy, I know to look out for the better side supports now. I think that way is actually more comfortable as well as better in the corners. but did you buy yours from a company like that on ebay, at a similar price?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

i bought mine from another place but for around the same price. dont get wrong, the side support is better than stock. its where i dont have function below my waist, i cant use my legs to support me hints needing the extra side support
Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Taciturn
I was just gunning for some plain black ones myself, but those cobra were literally made for your car repzard. They're gonna look epic. But are those prices throwing up red flags for you too?
Yes..The price seems too cheap and usaly lead to you get what you pay for

But I think im going to put them on my Xmas list
My Cobra is crying out for those seats with a rear seat delete kit to follow.

These seats are the one im talking about "similar" but found a site that sells them also.
http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...air_Cobra.html

www.ilovebodykits.com sells seats. Anyone buy from this co. ?

Last edited by Repzard; 11-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I would NEVER buy cheap seats. Seats are something you use every time you drive the car. Crappy seats will bend in an accident, not be comfortable after sitting in the awhile, and tend to wear out fast.

Treat them like brakes: Don't cheap out. Good quality seats aren't that much money if you are looking for some. Recaro, Corbeau, Sparco etc... are the places to look.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
I would NEVER buy cheap seats. Seats are something you use every time you drive the car. Crappy seats will bend in an accident, not be comfortable after sitting in the awhile, and tend to wear out fast.

Treat them like brakes: Don't cheap out. Good quality seats aren't that much money if you are looking for some. Recaro, Corbeau, Sparco etc... are the places to look.
Didn't think of it that way \
Good points, If I was to get those seats they would just be for shows.
As for drag racing only one of my stockers would go back in

I really would love to get a set of 03-04 tremi seats or 04 Mach 1
Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Taciturn

LilRousch, you make a lot of sense. and other forums talk about protection in an accident too. I want nothing but the best for my car, but I'm on a budget. If I had money to drop I wouldnt be driving Fords slowest v8 mustang of the last 30 years lol. The lowest seats I have found were 600 a pair, and not even in the kind of style and fit I want for my car. What have you found?

Quick Reply: Ebay Racing Seat help