4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My First Thread ~ And Questions in reguards to modifications

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Mike Hadz
1st Gear Member

Smile My First Thread ~ And Questions in reguards to modifications

Hello everyone, my name is Michael i am an owner of a 2000 mustang gt, let me get started.

I bought my car about 2 months ago (my first car, 18 years old) anyways i've always been a mustang fan ever since i was a little kid, getting on.. i have purchased and installed, bbk 75mm throttle body with intake plenum & spacer, c&n cold air intake, 91 octane bama tune borla cat back exhaust, and have steeda underdrive pulleys and 3.73 gears on the way.

I worry sometimes because my car has 96k miles, i'm always worrying about blowing my engine up (the car was a commuter car with mostly highway miles and well maintained from what i've been told)... is it right for me to be worried about driving it hard with this amount of miles? and what are some other bolt on parts you guys might suggest?

Thank you so much and can't wait to start posting here and getting to know the community !
Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Mike Hadz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike Hadz
Hello everyone, my name is Michael i am an owner of a 2000 mustang gt, let me get started.

I bought my car about 2 months ago (my first car, 18 years old) anyways i've always been a mustang fan ever since i was a little kid, getting on.. i have purchased and installed, bbk 75mm throttle body with intake plenum & spacer, c&n cold air intake, 91 octane bama tune borla cat back exhaust, and have steeda underdrive pulleys and 3.73 gears on the way.

I worry sometimes because my car has 96k miles, i'm always worrying about blowing my engine up (the car was a commuter car with mostly highway miles and well maintained from what i've been told)... is it right for me to be worried about driving it hard with this amount of miles? and what are some other bolt on parts you guys might suggest?

Thank you so much and can't wait to start posting here and getting to know the community !

I forgot to add, also have installed steeda short throw shifter =P
Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 AM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

nah, you shouldn't be worrying about blowing your engine...but with a 100k mile car, you could start running into other maintenance stuff thats just typical with cars period. Instead of more bolt ons, you should start saving up for a supercharger WAYYY more bang for your buck
Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Mike Hadz
1st Gear Member

thank you, been really just idk worried, gonna start doing fully synthetic oil changes every like 3.5k etc i just bought new hoses pvc valve or w/e fuel pump trans fluid etc etc, all the good stuff. i have money, just worried about spending it on such an old motor.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 PM
mineralpony
2nd Gear Member

If something breaks on your car, use that as an excuse to upgrade it to a aftermarket part.
Why are you worried about it blowing up? These are some tough *** engines. A lot of the taxi and police cars use them.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

I would make sure when you get those gears to get a bearing/Install kit as well. With that many miles you will wanna put new bearings in so they wear together. Also do the services and change the fuel filter and check those spark plugs. Other than that you are off to a good start. Welcome to the community!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike Hadz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stevednmc
I would make sure when you get those gears to get a bearing/Install kit as well.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-r...-kit-8604.html

Is this what you are speaking of? Thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Not trying to be a dick but just out of curiosity how much experience do you have driving? Cars with a posi in them can get away from you before you even realize what happened. This is a good excuse to give you reason to learn how to drift. those that can drift can better control a accidental slide.

I just wish there were better areas around here to practice drifting.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike Hadz
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-r...-kit-8604.html

Is this what you are speaking of? Thanks

That might work. but i would (and Am) going for something more like this: http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-8...-kit-8604.html
Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

practice drifting....i wish i owned a tire company lol

Quick Reply: My First Thread ~ And Questions in reguards to modifications