4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Plenum help needed

Old 09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Jewjenk
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Plenum help needed

Gee thanks about the clean engine, I usually wash out the engine bay about once a month.
I do believe that the parts were machined not cast. Only problem was that the acceleration cable was a tight fit on the throttle connection. I will be buying a new throttle cable soon, just in case.

Also had to drill out the screws on the ford unit to free the idle thinggee. Ford used some kind of supper locktight on the phillips heads screws.

Drivability. I have noticed that the revs don't drop as fast between shifts and I guess that as an after effect, there is a smoother shift.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

I'm curious as to any other mods you have. If you're running the stock exhaust, then upgrading that will really show you what the tb/plenum combo can do.

Nice job. How long did the install take?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Jewjenk
1st Gear Member

Just starting on the modes, cold air intake, plus plenum and trottle body. Planning for springs and exaust and possible deleting the rear seat, no adult can sit back there anyway.
Next year will look into lambo doors. That about it for now
As far as install. I am very thorough and carefull, and it was my first time doing it. It took about 3 hours
Old 09-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

That thing looks really good.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Okay Jewjenk, save money for exhaust upgrades, then gears. (3.73 at least). Of course, you should look at U/D pulleys, timing adjuster, tuner, etc.

If you're doing springs, might as well do the control arms too. New CAs will help you launch.

Lambo doors? Is that the villagers with torches and farm implements I see approaching?

Those doors won't make it faster. Plus, every ricer has them anymore. Don't rice your ride.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
josh4rim
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

Okay Jewjenk, save money for exhaust upgrades, then gears. (3.73 at least). Of course, you should look at U/D pulleys, timing adjuster, tuner, etc.

If you're doing springs, might as well do the control arms too. New CAs will help you launch.

Lambo doors? Is that the villagers with torches and farm implements I see approaching?

Those doors won't make it faster. Plus, every ricer has them anymore. Don't rice your ride.

Alright, I say this to everyone...... DO WHAT YOU WANT TO YOUR CAR!!!!!!! If you want to put lambo doors on it then do it. But I have to agree, do the gears you will notice the biggest difference and they are a pretty inexpensive upgrade.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:35 AM
grimwolf
2nd Gear Member

Anyone have or know of a comparison with C&L, Dragon, or Accufab? I was leaning towards Accufab, but the price for this one is much better than any of the others. Guess there is only one way to find out, huh?
im a little late on this but over on modular depot they did some testing...they said the acufab setup plenum and throttlebody got more hp and torq then the c&l and dragon...just going by what they said...personaly i have a 75mm acufab throttlebody and plenum with a c&l mafs kit and intake...

here is the review

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=30
Old 09-23-2005, 07:05 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

nice find grimwolf, been looking for something with different brands
Old 09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Jewjenk
1st Gear Member

Ok, ok, I won't do the Lambo doors, actually it was only a thought. My next mod though will be a front strut brace, I did order one with the other stuff but they sent a 1993 brace instead of a 2003, it ws sent back for a replacement.
The next step will probably be subframe connectors and then springs with an exaust following.

Oh I did post a seating problem, that was corrected by the dealer, under warranty.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:32 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grimwolf

Anyone have or know of a comparison with C&L, Dragon, or Accufab? I was leaning towards Accufab, but the price for this one is much better than any of the others. Guess there is only one way to find out, huh?
im a little late on this but over on modular depot they did some testing...they said the acufab setup plenum and throttlebody got more hp and torq then the c&l and dragon...just going by what they said...personaly i have a 75mm acufab throttlebody and plenum with a c&l mafs kit and intake...

here is the review

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=30
I've seen that one before, but I have not found one for the tb/plenum in question. I'm pretty sure this company is new to Mustang parts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plenum help needed