4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Would you beat this.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Would you beat this.

[sm=bs.gif]

Someone had to... JD1969, i know you have been on here a long time and you're giving him useful information. But this guy is a troll... never posted here lists his setup and says can you beat this...

anyone with a car that runs 9's... would have some knowledge of his car. Theres so many things wrong with his posts....

Its also stated he is running the stock block, Last time i checked a stock GT block would not hold this much power.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Not to defend this guy (I don't know him), but his post addresses rods and pistons. However, I am curious to know if the 2001 crank was forged or cast. I assume this is a 2V motor and I don't believe the 2V had forged cranks in any year. But you're right, he should know more about his car. I hate folks who just throw cash at it and never turn a wrench. I have not done much so far, but I did it all and will continue until the gears. I'll let pros do that.

WTH is a Hamilton Clark intake? I've never heard of it.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I will run you on the highway. I cant hook on the track yet. One day soon I will though.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:24 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: David_K

your an idiot. you wanna go fast you go with an auto. allows you to keep both hands on the wheels while your front tires are off the ground
You call the guy an idiot, when what you don't realize is that fast cars with autos have full manual valve bodies, in other words you need to shift them, the exception being cars equiped with an air shifter. Not only that but there are classes out there require a stick, or don't allow air shifters. If you are going to call somone an idiot, try and have all the knowlage you can, keeps you from looking like one yourself.

get a 2 speed. dont have to worry about shiftin till you get your car under control.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

[sm=bs.gif]

Someone had to... JD1969, i know you have been on here a long time and you're giving him useful information. But this guy is a troll... never posted here lists his setup and says can you beat this...

anyone with a car that runs 9's... would have some knowledge of his car. Theres so many things wrong with his posts....

Its also stated he is running the stock block, Last time i checked a stock GT block would not hold this much power.
I tend to agree. And 1000hp and he can't break 9's, he must be a horrible driver, or have one hell of a bad suspension.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:26 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Okay, I smell BS! Guys, look at this

http://turbochargedpower.com/1998%20...ddlesworth.htm

Either he bought the car as is, or he's a poser. Either way, it's poor form.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:28 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I would say he is another troll making it all up.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:29 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

[sm=bs.gif]

Oh I agree with you that the guy does not sound legit, I thought that from the first and by the way he made the post. I just gave him the benifit of the doubt, I have meet lots of people with more money than brains/skill who have no clue whats really in thier cars. Plus maybe he is full of $hit, but that does not mean that other people cannot benit from good info.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: JD1969

your an idiot. you wanna go fast you go with an auto. allows you to keep both hands on the wheels while your front tires are off the ground
You call the guy an idiot, when what you don't realize is that fast cars with autos have full manual valve bodies, in other words you need to shift them, the exception being cars equiped with an air shifter. Not only that but there are classes out there require a stick, or don't allow air shifters. If you are going to call somone an idiot, try and have all the knowlage you can, keeps you from looking like one yourself.

get a 2 speed. dont have to worry about shiftin till you get your car under control.
Maybe you should learn how to drive and how to build a fast car, untill then keep your mouth shut and let the grown ups speak.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

Okay, I smell BS! Guys, look at this

http://turbochargedpower.com/1998%20...ddlesworth.htm

Either he bought the car as is, or he's a poser. Either way, it's poor form.

Hahahah, good find. Exact same info except he ****ed it up.... he said 99 in his original post... and its a 98 on the link.

Quick Reply: Would you beat this.