4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Tork Tech Non intercooled kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
!KLeech!
1st Gear Member

Default Tork Tech Non intercooled kit

Does anyone on here have any experience with this? Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

first off, get the intercooled kit. the roots/twin screw blowers heat soak and will lower your rwhp as it heats up
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

They make good stuff. I'm a big fan of positive displacement blowers - especially on street cars. You'll get the power where you'll actually use it. The M112 by itself is enough to over power an otherwise stock motor... but having the ability to upgrade to a Whipple or KB unit later is also a nice thing if you feel like building the bottom end.

The the heat soak isn't as bad as many like to claim on the non intercooled kits, but I'd spring for the intercooled kit if you want to go the best route.

Edit: For what it's worth, I run three non intercooled Eaton set ups (2 M112 and 1 M90) on diffenent motors/cars right now. None have major heat soak issues.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
!KLeech!
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately right now I just wont have the extra funds to supply the intercooler and the rest of the things i need for that. Going non I/C I can still make somewhere below 350 range safely, which I didnt want to start really pushing the car up close to 400 anyways because thats when things start wearing out.

LilRoush, thanks for the info, it actually did help settle some internal disputes about the heat soak issue. I had been wondering about that but figured since I wouldnt be pushing really big numbers just in the lower 300's it would be ok. I think a roots style blower is really the only way to go, their potential and instantaneous boost sold me on it over a centrifigual.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by !KLeech!
I think a roots style blower is really the only way to go, their potential and instantaneous boost sold me on it over a centrifigual.
Have you considered twin screw blowers since you're dead set on the pd blower?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

this is someone else asking about a non ic pd blower setup. try to read up to post #17 or so http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...treet-car.html
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

isn't there a meth-based kit that acts/does the same job as an intercooler?? i did research on it once but ditched the idea when i finally decided to stay NA. can't remember the name...

EDIT: Snow is what I was thinking of, here's their website: http://www.snowperformance.net/

Last edited by trailor; 02-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Meth isn't a smart choice on a non intercooled kit in my opinion. You get tuned for a cold IAT, then your bottle runs out and you can't get it that cool. The fact of the matter is IAT's at low boost aren't enough to need to do anything about them.

As for going twin screw, knowing he's on a tight budget it's not really going to fit the bill. Twin screws do make less heat, but at lower power levels, not enough to notice a difference.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Meth isn't a smart choice on a non intercooled kit in my opinion. You get tuned for a cold IAT, then your bottle runs out and you can't get it that cool. The fact of the matter is IAT's at low boost aren't enough to need to do anything about them.

As for going twin screw, knowing he's on a tight budget it's not really going to fit the bill. Twin screws do make less heat, but at lower power levels, not enough to notice a difference.
Can you guys even run meth on those PD blower kits? Im not sure so im asking.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You can, but unless it's a drag car (and you're using on the track) there really isn't a point to it.

Quick Reply: Tork Tech Non intercooled kit