MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Eaton M116 on a 98GT?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/663968-eaton-m116-on-a-98gt.html)

Rockwell28 02-20-2012 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by EddyG (Post 7847427)
it doesnt seem that the 4199 deal with the supercharger is worth it. should i go for the 1799 and find the m112 on ebay for about 300. and the rest like fuel injectors, air intake, and everything else i need. it seems if i do that i will be alot cheaper. somewhere around 2800.

Str8 from the sight if you get the kit for $1799 the additional parts that you will need to get on your own is

Terminator Supercharger (or equivalent, or TVS 1900 or 2300) with inlet plenum, pulley, factory lower supercharger gasket , and appropriate length belt to fit what ever upper pulley you choose.
Larger fuel injectors to support what ever HP/TQ level you achieve. We expect most who use this kit will easily achieve 350 to 400 HP, depending upon boost level so TTI suggests at least 39 to 42# injectors.
Upgraded in-tank fuel pump.
Air to water heat exchanger.
Fluid pump to transfer coolant between the intercooler core and the heat exchanger.
Fluid reservoir to allow for a place to add coolant and check fluid level.
Coolant lines, hose clamps, engine belts, etc. are not included since we do not know what you plan to use for a heat exchanger, or where you will be mounting it.
Complete intake assembly with a Cobra throttle body, intake tube, MAFS, and filter.
Custom computer tune, threaded type ACT sensor, and Terminator throttle cable

EddyG 02-20-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rockwell28 (Post 7847447)
Str8 from the sight if you get the kit for $1799 the additional parts that you will need to get on your own is

Terminator Supercharger (or equivalent, or TVS 1900 or 2300) with inlet plenum, pulley, factory lower supercharger gasket , and appropriate length belt to fit what ever upper pulley you choose.
Larger fuel injectors to support what ever HP/TQ level you achieve. We expect most who use this kit will easily achieve 350 to 400 HP, depending upon boost level so TTI suggests at least 39 to 42# injectors.
Upgraded in-tank fuel pump.
Air to water heat exchanger.
Fluid pump to transfer coolant between the intercooler core and the heat exchanger.
Fluid reservoir to allow for a place to add coolant and check fluid level.
Coolant lines, hose clamps, engine belts, etc. are not included since we do not know what you plan to use for a heat exchanger, or where you will be mounting it.
Complete intake assembly with a Cobra throttle body, intake tube, MAFS, and filter.
Custom computer tune, threaded type ACT sensor, and Terminator throttle cable

This is what I am going to do. But how do I know what belt size to use? I want to use a pulley for 9lbs. Thanks a lot for your help though. I may be able to get this done by the time mustang week comes around.

Rockwell28 02-21-2012 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by EddyG (Post 7847809)
This is what I am going to do. But how do I know what belt size to use? I want to use a pulley for 9lbs. Thanks a lot for your help though. I may be able to get this done by the time mustang week comes around.

"Lilroush" Should be able to give you good answer on that based of his sig it looks like he has the kit you are looking into.

!KLeech! 02-21-2012 08:11 AM

Im in the process of doing this swap right now on my 01, its an eaton m112 btw. Dont let people talk you into a centrifigual. They are not nearly as fun as a roots style supercharger. So far in my project I have 3200 dollars wrapped up into it and have every single piece required either ordered or already here. Ive done some extensive talking with the guys at tork tech and it sounds like its going to be an awesome set-up. I opted for non intercooled due to just not having the extra funds to go intercooled right now. With the stock eaton pulley (3.65") the car will make more than enough power non intercooled (around 370's) im actually going to have to have my timing dialed back some because it will be to much non-ic. (at least this is what tork tech has told me) and unless your going intercooled, which is going to run you about 700ish dollars more for all those pieces the stock pulley will be more than enough and will produce 7-8lbs depending on a few variables. If you have any questions shoot me a pm, everythings fresh in my mind since its going on right now.

LilRoush 02-21-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rockwell28 (Post 7848039)
"Lilroush" Should be able to give you good answer on that based of his sig it looks like he has the kit you are looking into.

Mine is actually the old Roush/SVO M112 set up for 96-98 heads. It's not intercooled and is set up differently than the TT versions for the PI heads.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...ay/Roush10.jpg

Rockwell28 02-21-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by LilRoush (Post 7848885)
Mine is actually the old Roush/SVO M112 set up for 96-98 heads. It's not intercooled and is set up differently than the TT versions for the PI heads.

I would love to try and put one of those on my 96 tbird! Nice!!!