4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

I just recieved my mach 1 chin spoiler and it didnt come with any directions... anyone know how to install it? Obviously you have to drill but do you know what drill size ?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

Get a drill bit and match it up with the size of the hole. Maybe a little smaller to be safe.

Tape it to your car and drill the holes. Put the screws in. And take the tape off. Then your all set.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

thanks bro
Old 10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

No problem. 1 more thing... don't forget to check where it's set before you drill. You don't want to have to drill twice.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

i just tapped some small pilot holes and then got some self tapping screws from the hardware store, drilling the pilot hole makes it so you dont have to push as hard with the self tapping screws
Old 10-05-2005, 01:56 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

I installed mine just a few days ago... it wasn't too bad. It came with 3 fasteners, but 13-14 holes, went to the auto parts store near here and picked up a small box of 15 identical fasteners. They fit ok with a 1/4" bit, which I guess is the size they were made for so I went a little smaller (7/16") and squeezed them in there. It was a little tough getting them through the holes but I'm sure they will hold.

I used masking tape and had a friend help, held the chin spoiler up in position and used some masking tape to hold it up into place, pulled tape off in spots and re-adjusted it, and I didn't have to worry about it being out of line at all when drilling holes. Then I drilled the holes, pushed the plastic fasteners in to place, and took the tape off... Looks very nice.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 AM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

seems like these guys explained it but here is some pics with intructions scroll to the bottom.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/07/Project01GT/
Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Ok.. i installed it and i lined it up on one side then when i got around to the other side it was off a little bit... anyone know why? Its just a little bit so i dont sweat it but i was wondering why it was so shorter then the bumper...
Old 10-05-2005, 05:52 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: rbstang

Ok.. i installed it and i lined it up on one side then when i got around to the other side it was off a little bit... anyone know why? Its just a little bit so i dont sweat it but i was wondering why it was so shorter then the bumper...
it does not fit exactly on the line of the bumper, even on the real Mach 1. You need to line it up with the edges of the wheelwells and it ends up sitting back about a 1/4" from the front of the bumper.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ORIGINAL: rbstang

it does not fit exactly on the line of the bumper, even on the real Mach 1. You need to line it up with the edges of the wheelwells and it ends up sitting back about a 1/4" from the front of the bumper.
Yep. Thats one of the things we love about ford [&:]

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Chin Spoiler