exhaust headers - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #1  
ghostrider7

Default exhaust headers

need advise on installing long tube headers on my 96 cobra. I have installation sheet from BBK However need some advise from someone that has replaced
the stock headers before.
ghostrider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #2  
TXMach
1st Gear Member

What's the problem?
TXMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #3  
JeffBall
1st Gear Member

One place i always check when i have a question about installs, check american muscle's install guides...they have an install guide for practically every part they sell...otherwise i come to you guys
JeffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #4  
ghostrider7

Default long tube exhaust install

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBall View Post
One place i always check when i have a question about installs, check american muscle's install guides...they have an install guide for practically every part they sell...otherwise i come to you guys
Thanks for the info Jeff I'll check that out
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #5  
ghostrider7

Default 65 mm tb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMach View Post
What's the problem?
thanks for your response txmack. I noticed that you installed a 65mm trottle body in your stang. Did you notice an improvement. I was told by BBK that the inside of the intake should be machined to accept the bigger bores. they also stated that unless there were significant engine mods, (which there are none)
the stock TB is more than enough. And you say?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #6  
TXMach
1st Gear Member

I say that maybe it would be better if I had matched the bores. Honestly it's impossible for me to tell where gains came from considering that I did four mods at once. (Pulleys, CAI, TB, Tune)

I will say that I believe I'd have noticed less improvement without the throttle body. I also believe that the throttle body is the source of the now lightning quick throttle response. Engine revs like that of a crotch rocket now.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #7  
ghostrider7

Default 65mm TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMach View Post
I say that maybe it would be better if I had matched the bores. Honestly it's impossible for me to tell where gains came from considering that I did four mods at once. (Pulleys, CAI, TB, Tune)

I will say that I believe I'd have noticed less improvement without the throttle body. I also believe that the throttle body is the source of the now lightning quick throttle response. Engine revs like that of a crotch rocket now.
Thanks for your honest reply. I know it's hard to get a clear picture of a products improvement, when several are change at once, as I have done that myself in the past.

It will take me about a month to complete what I want to do. I only get one day a week to work on the car. But, I will let you know how I made out and what I changed. Thanks again...
Old 01-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #8  
TXMach
1st Gear Member

No problem. Good luck.