4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mod the stang or save for a bike..hmm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:02 PM
justang97
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mod the stang or save for a bike..hmm?

Yea i got a quote on the insurance with just liability and it was like 80$ a month... I havent really looked into it but how does insurance work cause if insurance was a lot on the bike i probably wont get it..
Old 10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
mxracer1618
1st Gear Member

damn that sounds about exacetly where i am. i just turned 18 last month and have always wanted to get a bike. i've always had a dirtbike growing up and sold my 99' yamaha yz 125 to buy my mustang so it only seems right to buy a bike this spring haha. but if i do save up enough money for a bike it will DEFINATLY be a gsx-r 750 so def go with the suzuki my friend has a 600 and its awesome
Old 10-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Lol I don't know about him, but I'll be paying in cash for my bike and only liability on insurance. Can't afford full coverage and full coverage on the GT. I figure if I ever get in a wreck on mine, I'll have better things to worry about then my insurance company.
have you price liability on that bike

for me 26 clean record it was $3,600 a year for a r1 with liability+theft. i didn't get the bike.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Coley2002GT
2nd Gear Member

I'd stick with the stang. I traded my 2003 kawasaki 636 in on my GT. Got my head knocked off in the deal but at least I'm a little safer.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justang97

I am still deciding if i am goin to go ahead and use my money for the mustang or save it to buy a gsxr600. I turn 18 in march so that is when i am getting my bike so what would yall do..
Asking this question on a car forum will land you a lot of responses against you buying a bike. People will give the whole it'd dangerous sphiel, insurance, & etc. It'll be just as biased for you to go to the Gixxer forum & ask them what you should do. My advice is to post there too, read both threads for information, but make your decision with what is in your heart. If you are a motorcyclist at heart, nothing anybody says will deter you. The reason I didn't get an '03 Cobra or brand new '01 WS.6 when I had the oportunity was, because I would have had to part w/the GSX-R1000. That was not going to happen. There are risks envolved in all you do. Know the risks involved with a bike & either accept them & get yourself a bike, or don't accept them & stick to a four wheeled cage. Either way, listen to your heart. I've been riding w/my dad since I was 3, & can wheelie my Thou up to a 130mph for about 3 miles are so, so I know how to ride, but to put a little fear into your heart...I have lost 4 friends since 2002, & one of the guys tried to copy off what he had seen me do. I have accepted the risks. Can you?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tim37

Lol I don't know about him, but I'll be paying in cash for my bike and only liability on insurance. Can't afford full coverage and full coverage on the GT. I figure if I ever get in a wreck on mine, I'll have better things to worry about then my insurance company.

for me 26 clean record it was $3,600 a year for a r1 with liability+theft. i didn't get the bike.
That's weird because liability on me would only be like 600 a year. And I'm 18 with a clean driving record. I just quoted through progressive and it would be 529 a year. You are doing something wrong.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
CJFANNI
2nd Gear Member

Matt what kind of bike do u have? My insurance is $3200 a year on an 04 r6, with a clean record. The insurance company said because of the thefts and wrecks on sport bikes now if i got a cruiser it would be $800 a year, but anyway if the kid wants a bike then get one he might not be able to get one later on because he will have a life maybe kids and a wife and she diffenitly wont let him get one...lol. Expirence it now just in case later cant be done.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tim37

That's weird because liability on me would only be like 600 a year. And I'm 18 with a clean driving record. I just quoted through progressive and it would be 529 a year. You are doing something wrong.
i got quotes from several diffent companies. on thing is the riding season is fairly long here in arkansas you will even catch a couple of good days in dec and feb. one of the guys gave me a quote on a harley lowrider it was like 600 bucks a year full coverage.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
BClark

I was looking at buying a GSXR600

But I decided against it because I have seen alot of my buddies go down from riding. Im sure one day I will own one one day, but unless you have taken extensive courses (which I suggest) then I would not even walk into a motorcycle shop. Currently I have enrolled in a class to start at the beginning of next year for motorcycle courses. I would suggest you do the same.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

an 03 zx6r 636. just liability. There's no theft option at progressive. Thats with a $1000 deductible comprehensive.

Quick Reply: Mod the stang or save for a bike..hmm?