4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

another ? about PI swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:19 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

Default another ? about PI swap

ok i just won an auction on ebay for a set of 2000 GT complete cylinder heads with the camshaft and the diff. valve cover and the rest of the stuff. heres the link to the heads 358 shipped
this is the intake manifold that i had planned on getting. its the aluminum version of the 99-04 GT man. 120-150 shipped weither i get it under BIN price.
what else would i need to complete the swap? i think i need the "head hanging kit" from ford and the heater hose?
just bought my 96 GT vert. and want to run with my dads 03 GT vert.
also im on a limited budget. after the intake man. ill have about 800 left. im not sure if this will cover the extra parts and labor so i was thinkin. would it be a good idea to wait longer (not having any extra power) and save up more to get a port and polish on the heads done, a milder cam to get put in at the same time along with a new clutch (the one i have is kinda worn and if they take out the motor y not?), or just go ahead and get the swap done (and have the added power)and use the money after that for an exhaust and some wheels. im rollin on the stockers with cheapo kumhos the first owner just put on.

thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Slick97gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: another ? about PI swap

call randy over at the modulardepot.com

He has everything you are going to need for the swap, even if the heads are windsor style. This ran me about $300 shipped(included head change kit, several hoses, and other misc seals/gaskets)

If you want to put in a set of cams do the comp cams ex262AH, unless you have the money for better springs. Thses will be worth 20+ rwhp, and more with a tune.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Save up for a p+p + a aftermarket cam and youll be KILLING your dad's 03. Did you get the PI intake too?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

hadnt bid on the intake yet for the sake of possibly getting it at the lowest price.
i also wanted to make sure that it was the right one. is it?
how much you think the cam, p&p, and the intallation would run me?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

If you wanted to do everything right it would cost you around $1500 atleast, assuming you can do all the installation yourself. If you have to pay someone to do all the installation it's gonna cost you...big time. At a decent shop with a flat fee of around $75 an hour, your looking at some money your gonna have to dish out. If you want to add some decent hp though, thats what you should do. Also, make sure you get the PI intake to go with your PI heads. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

can you check the link to the intake in my first post and see weither or not thats what i need please?

ok what about parts other than these two and install, how much would that run me? someone told me the other parts would be about 200. ill just get the PI swap done cause it sounds like ill barely have enough for that and im still waiting to hear from a job interview so itll be a while probably b4 i can save up enough for the cam, p&p, and clutch and installs

i contaced a good shop here in GA but haven't heard from them as to the price thats why im asking for a relative price.

jeez seeing all this add up is making me want to spend the money on some nice 17's and tires but i guess i cant cause i already bought the heads and then the supposed increase in hp sounds like its well worth it.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

yeah thats the pi intake you need
Old 10-20-2005, 01:45 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Dude good luck i hope it goes good for you. My swapped SUCKED ***!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Save up the money for the P&P and the cams, you will be kicking yourself down the road if you just do the swap and then still want more power. With the P&P and cams in the car you will be killing your dads car!!!! Depending on what cams you get with a good tune and full exhaust you should be able to put 270-300HP to the weels. I would defently save and get the P&P and the cams it will be worth the longer wait for the all the power you will have in the end!

One last thing, If you want to make you car a little more fun to drive spend some money on gears and have them installed now, that should be enough to make you happy while you save to get the P&P and cams.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

good luck with everything. after acer got that done, along with his 4.30s, his posi went bye bye. [:'(]

Quick Reply: another ? about PI swap